You can type here any text you want

Adjusting/aligning cam sync. (FAST - Craig)

• Thread starter Thread starter VPREATR
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
V

VPREATR

Is there a method of reading cam sync position in the FAST C/Com software? We're experimenting with a stub based cam sync as a project; however finding the ideal position has been difficult.

I've considered connecting my MoTeC, as it allows sync readings (as does the MSD CPC7600). I was hoping before we went that far, a utilitiy or suggestion would be made available?

Craig, any chance of these little unknown utilities for sync'ing sensors are available to FAST owners?

Thanks!

Cam sync position is more forgiving than people may realize. All it needs to be is a little before the #1 crank pulse. The "official" recommendation is between 10 and 45 degrees before the #1 crank pulse, but more than 45 degrees isn't a problem. The purpose of this sensor is simply to tell the ECU that the next crank pulse it sees is for the first cylinder in the firing order. This ensures that individual cylinder control (if used) works with the proper cylinders, and it makes it so that the injector event for a given cylinder happens at the same time relative the intake valve event every time you start the car.

So, in other words, if you are in the ballpark, you are good. "Tweaking" the cam sensor a couple degrees here and there will net you nothing. The only effect it would have would affect injector timing and ICC, causing them to be off by one cylinder in the firing order.

Hope this helps... and happy holidays to anyone reading this! I'll likely be away from the computer for a couple days so I'll catch up later.

Back