You can type here any text you want

Adjusting my alky for new chip/injector setup.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

So recently I removed the old 5.3/alky TT chip and 50lb injectors. Installed a 5.7 TT Street chip/non alky and 60lb injectors. I'd like to maintain using alky but have no clue where to start. Previous setting/previous owner had the knob set to almost 7. Is there a safe number I should start with to not run it too rich? Thanks.

Why did you not get the 60s with the alky chip if you planned on keeping the alky? Might think about sending chip in and getting it reprogrammed for alky also.

TT street chips can be used with alky. If the car was running right with the old chip, odds are the alky settings are either right or pretty close.

The only way to know for sure is to put the new chip/injectors in and see what the car says.

Why did you not get the 60s with the alky chip if you planned on keeping the alky? Might think about sending chip in and getting it reprogrammed for alky also.
Well, I sold the car 18 years back and recently bought it back. Owner did the mods years back. {06 I think}. Right after I got the car back it had running issues. {Popping/spitting}. Turns out the alky pump was failing and I had no idea. Popped a head gasket. I don't want to rely on an alky setup again. The setup now is more of a "failsafe" in case the alky system fails. It's not a track car so I figured alky is there if I want it. Just don't want to rely on it.

Right after I got the car back it had running issues. {Popping/spitting}. Turns out the alky pump was failing and I had no idea. Popped a head gasket. I don't want to rely on an alky setup again. The setup now is more of a "failsafe" in case the alky system fails. It's not a track car so I figured alky is there if I want it. Just don't want to rely on it.

ALL pumps should be serviced after 2-3 years. Alky has had a bad rap as of late due to lack of pump maintenance....

So recently I removed the old 5.3/alky TT chip and 50lb injectors. Installed a 5.7 TT Street chip/non alky and 60lb injectors. I'd like to maintain using alky but have no clue where to start. Previous setting/previous owner had the knob set to almost 7. Is there a safe number I should start with to not run it too rich? Thanks.

The car will be rich at WOT if using alky with a non-alky chip.

Well, I sold the car 18 years back and recently bought it back. Owner did the mods years back. {06 I think}. Right after I got the car back it had running issues. {Popping/spitting}. Turns out the alky pump was failing and I had no idea. Popped a head gasket. I don't want to rely on an alky setup again. The setup now is more of a "failsafe" in case the alky system fails. It's not a track car so I figured alky is there if I want it. Just don't want to rely on it.
It's super reliable if it's serviced.i have had countless combos setup with alky works great on these cars but watching fuel pressure is a must when the car is meth dependent.

Back