You can type here any text you want

Adjustment on Pedistal Mount Rocker arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clark6

what should the adjustment be on the Pedistal mount rocker arms

I know they're suppose to be adjusted so they wont move up and down then a 1/4 turn but what about the left to right movement do you tighten them so tight that they dont move left to right?
i have a couple that are so tight they dont move left to right but the other four you can move from left to right.
How tight should they be thanks for the help.

Just a thought & I may be off base but here goes. Might help?
If you tighten all three bolts to required torque spec & 4 move side to side but 2 dont then maybe those two dont have enuf play in them due to the size/thickness of the spacers-shims installed. I had to add a 20 thous shim on one of my T&D because it was too sloppy compared to the others & needed it to make it centre with the valve tip alignment. I also found that with the 3 rocker bolts loose you can "slightly" adjust the play by moving the rocker shaft side to side a bit. Few thous at least. I had all winter & spent a few hours messing with mine as it was my first roller motor. Got the shims from T&D for nothing. Had to grind one down a bit to get exactly what I wanted but it works quite well IMO.

Weird that on yours 4 move freely & 2 dont? I would take them all apart & measure the shims to see if they are equal in size or if you can mix & match? Maybe you just need to change a shim or adjust it a bit before tightening eveything down? Like I said, just a guess but worked for me!
Cheers & Good Luck!!

Back