Advice HID kit

I just got my parts from ebay, ordered the housings and led bulbs. My question is about the plugs on them... high beams only have two prongs vs three for low beams. Do I need to buy specific leds for the highs? If so, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
I just got my parts from ebay, ordered the housings and led bulbs. My question is about the plugs on them... high beams only have two prongs vs three for low beams. Do I need to buy specific leds for the highs? If so, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
You can cut the top prong off or just bend it over so you only use the high beam.

If they are H4 LED's you will need to swap the top and right side terminals on the factory low beam plug.

As you look at the end of the factory plug/ socket, the left is ground, the top is low beam and the right is high beam.

Insert a small straight blade screwdriver in the front of the plug to depress the retention tab and pull the terminal out the back.
Bend the retention tab back before re-inserting.

IMG_4911.JPG

You can cut the top prong off or just bend it over so you only use the high beam.

If they are H4 LED's you will need to swap the top and right side terminals on the factory low beam plug.

As you look at the end of the factory plug/ socket, the left is ground, the top is low beam and the right is high beam.

Insert a small straight blade screwdriver in the front of the plug to depress the retention tab and pull the terminal out the back.
Bend the retention tab back before re-inserting.

View attachment 331982
Dude, this is why this forum rocks. Thank you so much for your help!

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
Dude, this is why this forum rocks. Thank you so much for your help!
Your welcome.
I had to do the same thing in the early '90's when I got some sample Hella H4 housings (4) and used H4 halogens for all four lights.
I bent the top prongs over so if the low beams burned out I could bend the prong back and swap bulbs from low to high.

I didn't realize Hella made high beam housings that took H1 bulbs until recently.