Advice needed for Adj FPR

Danster

Finshed installing the Walbro 340 yesterday and today my adj FPR arrived. I would like to start the car and adjust the fpr. Can you guys give me some pointers adjusting the fpr. I have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up as well on the schrader T.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Dannyo

Did you need to know how to adjust it? Or, what fuel pressure to set it at?

For adjustment, use a wrench to loosen up the locking nut, and turn the allen screw to adjust FP. Clockwise to richen, and vice-versa.

As far as FP goes, it depends on your combo. Use your SM to tune,

I see that you have a Thrasher. Those like a specific FP. Not sure what that is though. :)

Thanks for the reply Geoff87! I been researching and I understand when I adjust the FPR it should be done without the vacuum hose attached. Correct!!

Dannyo

Yup! Hose off pressure is what people normally tune with and recommend for tuning numbers.

42 is a good starting point, up from the stock 38 or so.

Thats correct. You want to remove the vac line when adjusting your fuel pressure. Thrasher reccomend 45psi with the vac line off. But see what your scanmaster will tell you. Every car is diffrent.

Originally posted by xtremexnyc
Thats correct. You want to remove the vac line when adjusting your fuel pressure. Thrasher reccomend 45psi with the vac line off. But see what your scanmaster will tell you. Every car is diffrent.

How do you tune fp with the scanmaster?

Thanks,

Ron