You can type here any text you want

Advice on street sticky tires.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BRAD_PADGETT

My car (see sign) on lauch burns rubber for the first twenty feet before the tires hook in. I do not drag race but want a sticky tire that hooks in when needed on the street and can get me home from the car shows in the unfortunate event of rain. I am trying in the same tire size as I have-220-60-r15. If a little wider can be put on my stock rims any advice is appreciated. Again-I do not drag but want a sticky tire. Brad

MT Drag radial is the weapon of choice for me. Or, get used to soft-pedaling it out of the hole........:biggrin:

I went with the MTs too, but haven't driven on them yet. Gotta decide what is more important to you, traction or safety in the rain. No "sticky" tire is going to be ideal for wet situations.

I've had the M/Ts in the rain up here, and they perform decently, as long as you're not trying to drive the car like a Porsche.

Wickedly awesome in the dry;)

Both BF Goodrich and MT make a 235/60/15 drag radial, as far as safety in the rain is concerned, I would imagine the BFG would have better water sipping ability than the MTs would. More grooves and more of a regular tire pattern. As far as which one would hook better, I would have to say the MT will. However, the BFG will definitely hook better than a hard as a rock regular radial will. No one currently makes a 220 or 225 size drag radial that I'm aware of.

BFG info.
BFGoodrich Tires | g-Force™ T/A® Drag Radial | Tire Sizes & Specs

MT info.
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

HTH

Patrick

Thanks for the input. Either the Bf Goodrich and the MT tires will fit my needs. I really appreciate the input. I am going to oreder tires tomorrow. Brad

I got the MT drag radials today. They look awesome but I will not be able to test because of the rain. Alot cheaper than I thought. Thanks- Brad

M/T drag radials

You'll love them on the street!! I had a TE45a and ran 20lbs boost on the street and could leave a stoplight full to the floor (No foot braking!) and not even spin! it would hold you against the seat like velcro :D At the track i wasn't so lucky, no matter what air-press we set it at, it would still make at least 8 rotations leaving the line. I'm not happy with them at the track, this year it's slicks all the way and on the street it will be the M/T drag radials for sure... Scot w.

I got the MT drag radials today. They look awesome but I will not be able to test because of the rain. Alot cheaper than I thought. Thanks- Brad

You'll love them on the street!! I had a TE45a and ran 20lbs boost on the street and could leave a stoplight full to the floor (No foot braking!) and not even spin! it would hold you against the seat like velcro :D At the track i wasn't so lucky, no matter what air-press we set it at, it would still make at least 8 rotations leaving the line. I'm not happy with them at the track, this year it's slicks all the way and on the street it will be the M/T drag radials for sure... Scot w.

At the track, lower the air pressure to about 13-15 psi and get them hot- then you'll see why they're so awesome!

The things are basically slicks with grooves.....

At the track, lower the air pressure to about 13-15 psi and get them hot- then you'll see why they're so awesome!

The things are basically slicks with grooves.....
Been there, Done that! look at the post you replyed to. We DID try everything with air-press and heated the hell out of them...

Back