You can type here any text you want

AE vs TPS???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazi

Why Try...
How does this work? I heard it was like the accelerator pump in a carb. If this is too small, will it cause a stumble? I have a JC and a RA chip. I am working with Jay to resolve it but am trying to get a understanding of what is going on.

I am trying to chase down a stumble that "seems" like a lean stumble. If I try to accelerate really fast, I get a pop through the intake. I have had fp down to 35 and up to 55 with slight improvement in the stumble with higher pres.

The RA chip is fine but has some other problems. I bought the JC so I could get the RA redone but now the JC is acting up. :( :(

First things first:

With the engine all warmed up from a drive around, what do the IAC and TPS read, idling in park?? Idling in gear??

Ok, Idling in park, TPS is .40 and IAC I have to double check.

Idling in gear the TPS is .40 and IAC is low 40's. The TPS goes up smoothly with throttle and I just put a new IAC in.

I don't know if anyone's interested, but I'd sure like to discuss Crazi's original question "How does AE work?"

I'm look'n at the code and not knowing the injector controller chip well enough makes me say I really don't understand whats going on. I believe the intent of AE is to add fuel for a short time, but portions of the code aren't real clear. Like, the Max AE PW has more tables and code then the actual AE PW. What's up with that?

Back