You can type here any text you want

AEMs new computer?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taffy

http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm Here is the link to their new computer. It has a host of goodies. They do not necessarily focus on TRs by any means, but there have been many TRs on their dyno. I am gonna go to their place in California nd check it out.
Has anyone else heard of or have any feedback on this computer.? ERIC.:)

re:

As far as I can tell they still don't offer an integrated wb O2 setup like the FAST. They say the box will support wideband, but in this case I think that just means it can be programmed to run a PI control loop on a linear feedback. I don't think the wb interface is integrated into the ecu.

TurboTR

the AEM computer is basically a repackaged GEMS computer... it doesn't have a WB controller, but it has programmable inputs so you could map out a 0-1 or 0-5 Volt input from a WB controller... the AEM computer is already shipping for Honda applications but all the other apps have been delayed again and again...

Dammit. That really irratates me. I asked on the supra website and they assured me wideband control. Darn rice burner companies. I have a few rice burners myself.
When will the FAST be able to control lock up converters? I guess they need a vss input, but can this be added as another input and have an external trigger for the L/U? ERIC.:mad: :mad: :mad:

yeah, well on the supra website there have been so many promises made that even a motec couldn't come through... i think when AEM claims wideband control they mean that you can run in closed loop based on the output of a wideband controller... so you do have feedback operation, you just have to supply the magic box that runs the wideband... the good thing about this approach is that it opens the door for things like diy-wb...

Gettin' to the bottom of this!!!

Since I am not too familiar with the Wide Band 02 and how it works, what question do I need to ask the jokers at AEM to see if they really have WB control? If I just ask "does it have wide band control", I know they will say yes. Are there any specific ?s I acn ask them to ensure the WB 02 works with this computer?
I have to call them cause it does not look like they have a E-mail addy for tech ?s. Thanks again, ERIC.

well, you would ask them if you can plug a wideband (5-wire, NTK/honda/uego/etc) o2 sensor DIRECTLY into their ECU (like you do with the F.A.S.T. system)... the guy should proceed to tell you that you'll need to hook the sensor to the wideband controller (not supplied by AEM) and then hook the output of the controller to the AEM ECU... a wideband o2 is not at all like a regular o2 that just puts off a voltage... it requires a complex control circuit in order to a) not destroy the sensor and b) get a usable nearly linear output...

Back