You can type here any text you want

Aeroquip Plumbing Kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GARY HARVEY

Anyone know of a vendor for the Duttweiller/Billet Fab combo?

It would be worth it to not have to chase the pieces.

OnCenter SII

GARY HARVEY said:
Anyone know of a vendor for the Duttweiller/Billet Fab combo?

It would be worth it to not have to chase the pieces.

OnCenter SII

I'll sell you a set-up for only $499.99 with free shipping. ;)

Here's a quick guesstimate of what you'll need

Pick Up:
(-12) 90 degree hose end
(-12) 180 degree hose end
16" (-12) hose

ByPass:
(-8) 180 degree hose end
(-8) straight hose end
3/8 NPT to (-8) 90 degree fitting
16" (-8) hose

Oil Filter line:
(-10) 45 degree hose end
(-10) hose

Engine Feed line:
(-10) 90 degree hose end
1/2NPT to -10 Union
(-10) hose

Don't forget the external sump pick up out of the pan. I also like to put a check valve in.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Then Billet fab should already have a (-12) nipple sticking out with a screen in it.

jjvites said:
Mac,
What exactly are you including in your offer?

Thanks,
Marty

Marty, I was being a wise-a$$. It doesn't cost anywhere near that much to piece together using Cal's list above - maybe $150 - and while assembling braided hose isn't a lot of fun, it's no big deal.

Mac in SD said:
Marty, I was being a wise-a$$. It doesn't cost anywhere near that much to piece together using Cal's list above - maybe $150 - and while assembling braided hose isn't a lot of fun, it's no big deal.

Mac,
My mistake, thought you were selling a kit with maybe a used pump or pan, I took it to meen a complete kit. While on th e subject, I found the oil pan company on the internet but didn't see a price. You guys have an idea what it costs? And does one buy the pump conversion from Duttweiler? Cost?

Thanks,
Marty

jjvites said:
Mac,
My mistake, thought you were selling a kit with maybe a used pump or pan, I took it to meen a complete kit. While on th e subject, I found the oil pan company on the internet but didn't see a price. You guys have an idea what it costs? And does one buy the pump conversion from Duttweiler? Cost?

Thanks,
Marty

I bought my pump kit from Duttweiler, and it's around $275-300. Includes pump housing, gears, gaskets, screws. Don't know about the cost of the pan.

Call RJC for an inexpensive pan.
DLS can get you the high-end pans

Mac in SD said:
I bought my pump kit from Duttweiler, and it's around $275-300. Includes pump housing, gears, gaskets, screws. Don't know about the cost of the pan.

A billet fab pan is what, $600-$800? The one I have from them is NICE, don't know if I'd pony up the money for it if it wasn't included with the parts I got though. :)

No screen with Billet Fab Pan.

The Billet Fab Pan #12 bung for the suction line does not include a screen. Wraping some screen around the pickup tube is one option, the other being Peterson or Moroso. Their cone shaped screen offering should do the trick (it's in a the fitting you will need for the 90 degree to the pump... $20.00).

Why is SS braided hose the rage, in lieu of the options? It's a PITA to deal with IMO.

Also: request a extra 1/2" of front face on the pan (it only has 1") to locate #10 turbo return oil and have
Billet Fab add the bung(s) for the number of turbos.
Plug one if you plan on stepping up to two later on.

I'm not into flooding the front seal with the bypass located @ the fuel pump plate.

GARY HARVEY said:
The Billet Fab Pan #12 bung for the suction line does not include a screen. Wraping some screen around the pickup tube is one option, the other being Peterson or Moroso. Their cone shaped screen offering should do the trick (it's in a the fitting you will need for the 90 degree to the pump... $20.00).

Why is SS braided hose the rage, in lieu of the options? It's a PITA to deal with IMO.

Also: request a extra 1/2" of front face on the pan (it only has 1") to locate #10 turbo return oil and have
Billet Fab add the bung(s) for the number of turbos.
Plug one if you plan on stepping up to two later on.

I'm not into flooding the front seal with the bypass located @ the fuel pump plate.
Gary,
Thanks for the info , but what do you mean by "Also: request a extra 1/2" of front face on the pan (it only has 1") to locate #10 turbo return oil"? Sorry but don't understand.

I agree on the SS and will try get pre-made hoses for the fittings.

Marty

jjvites said:
Gary,
Thanks for the info , but what do you mean by "Also: request a extra 1/2" of front face on the pan (it only has 1") to locate #10 turbo return oil"? Sorry but don't understand.

I agree on the SS and will try get pre-made hoses for the fittings.

Marty

Think he means instead of leaving the aluminum 1" have them add an extra 1/2" for a total of 1 1/2" for the front face of the pan. SS isn't hard to work with, just leaves a nice hole in your skin when you stab yourself. :)

Billet Fab Pan

Under the the pan 3/8" flange, the vertical portion before it bends toward the rear/sump of the pan is only a 1" face. It's not much room to (cleanly) install a #10 bung. I'd guess several people have used smaller fitting to get past the problem OR you could locate it on a side of the pan... but having enough space to fit things gets cramped and plumbing returns to the front of the pan give you a little more room to deal with all the other things hanging up front.
There is not much clearance between the pan and the cross member, it's a squeeze. Measure twice then measure again... or maybe a Mustang II conversion :>) .

GARY HARVEY said:
Under the the pan 3/8" flange, the vertical portion before it bends toward the rear/sump of the pan is only a 1" face. It's not much room to (cleanly) install a #10 bung. I'd guess several people have used smaller fitting to get past the problem OR you could locate it on a side of the pan... but having enough space to fit things gets cramped and plumbing returns to the front of the pan give you a little more room to deal with all the other things hanging up front.

Now I got you, thanks. I might be in luck as the TA I just bought came with a PA tubular K member which might give me more room. Car had a small block chevy and when I measured the mm pads it looks like I will have to make plates or move the engine and trans forward 3-4 inches. I think I'd like to keep the engine as far back as possible though.

Back