You can type here any text you want

Aftermarket Front rotors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BenPutnam

I want to get new front rotors for my hotrod and I'm looking for the 2 peice kind with aluminum centers that will work with my stock calipers. Anyone know where I can get a set of these or what size rotors these cars have from the factor so I can find a set on my own?

Thanks,

Ben

The only way to get a 2 piece is to have a hub monted to the spindle. I recommend SS Brakes rotors they are awsome and well worth the money.

i think Wilwood makes a replacement rotor that has an aluminum "hat" with the friction ring bolted to it.
but you better get ready to cash in what's left of your 401k to pay for it.
unless you just have to have the anodized aluminum center, just get a good quality stock replacement rotor and don't worry about it.

I don't have a recommendation for aluminum two-piece, but for the money and performance, I've been extremely happy with the cross-drilled (vented?) replacement stock rotors I bought from Summit Racing for about $80ea. I get the two terms mixed up: cross-drilled or vented. Mine don't have the slots that run across the surface, only the chamfered holes through the rotors. Had them for about 8 years and put over 60,000 miles on them and had them turned three or four times. Time to replace them now--will definitely buy them again. In the Arizona summer heat, I warped the stock rotors the first two summers--enough of that. Bought the Summit rotors, never once warped when using semi-metallic pads, and I'm a heavy braker. By the way, stay AWAY from so-called "quiet stop" ceramic pads--what a joke. I boiled my brake fluid several times with them and damn-near put myself over an overpass due to loss of brake pressure. I also got RID of the treacherous PowerMaster system and replaced it with standard vacuum--excellent move. Got tired of replacing the PM accumulator bowl every other year back when they were $75/ea, now at about $200/ea. I think the AZ heat kills them too.

I know it's more than you asked for but I don't get a chance to chime in very often. The info might be helpful to others.

Get powerslot rotors, they look good and preformed well for me.(I have upgraded B-Body brakes though). Not a big fan of drilled because they crack when you run them hard.

Back