You can type here any text you want

afterstart and cranking help needed.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sixgun86gn

six offender
I finally got my FAST XFI in and my startup program that I recieved from Cal Hartline.(Thanks Cal).

The motor starts only after extended cranking,and I can make it run for a few seconds by playing with the throttle.

I added cranking fuel and it seemed that the afterstart tables were all backward? I.E low PW @ low temp and high PW at high temp?

I have tried to add fuel in the afterstart tables but I am not sure if I am adding enough.

Where would a good starting PW and temp be for afterstart to keep the motor running?

I am new to all of this so please try to understand if I ask stupid questions alot.

Thanks for any help.

Well im not too familar with the xfi, but if the iac is not open enough what your explaining could happen. Make sure the iac is adjusted so the iac counts are 10-20 max in neutral hot idle. YOu can see this on the throttle follower menu live where the iac is sitting at. Adjust the screw unitl the iac comes into range.

For now adjust the coolant temp enrichment until it maintains an idle and start up for now. Keep adding 5% at a time and see how it reacts, but get that iac sorted out as soon as it warms up, as it will dramatically effect cold starting.

It sounds like the program I sent was for a later flash update. You will probably have to update (reflash) your XFI. Give me a call and I will walk you through everything.

It sounds like the program I sent was for a later flash update. You will probably have to update (reflash) your XFI. Give me a call and I will walk you through everything.

Thats cool Cal,I think you are right.I have version 1.10 it says on my CCom disc.

I had to go buy a new laptop today,mine is no good and I was borrowing a friends for the weekend.

I will see if I can get off work early enough to go over it with you,being as you are an hour ahead of me.I really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Patrick Smith

Cal I do have that update file you sent,it has just been so long since I got it from you I forgot about needing it.

Sorry,I had plans on starting this thing up a while back,but ended up with a kid in the hospital for a while.

Back