You can type here any text you want

Afterstart vs CTS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clemsgn

While watching the "Afterstart vs CTS" graph, upon cold startup, it doesn't appear that it's being used for enrichment. The dot just follows the coolant temp, but stays at 0% enrichment ? It says "This enrichment will be applied after the ECU enters “run” mode and it receives the number of crank pulses specified in the AFTER START REVS VS. CTS graph". What is a "crank pulse" anyway ? Is a pulse just 1 revolution of the crank or is it 3 pulses for the 3 tabs on the interupter ring for the crank sensor ? It says in the "AFTER START REVS VS. CTS" graph , number of revs before afterstart....well what is a rev compared to a pulse ? If it's actual revolutions, that wouldn't take very long to occur ? The Afterstart decay graph and the engine revs to run under "operational parameters" also goes by this "pulse" , but it's hard to tune without knowing what some of this stuff means.

Getting back to my original issue...It seems that it just runs off of the "Warm up Enrichment vs Coolant Temp" instead of the afterstart tables initially ? Wouln't the dot follow the setting in the afterstart graph 1st....then after it decayed, start following the warmup vs CTS graph ? When I view them at the same time (engine cold) it just goes by the warmup table.

I'm getting a start and stall issue with a cold engine, but after playing with these tables, it's better but not 100% I just want to grasp it better.

Thanks for any help!

Regards, Clem

I've played with these too, but have had similar results. Helps, but not quite right yet. According to some of the people on here, the amount of "enrichment" the FAST system is using is hard to pinpoint where it is coming from. As I'm sure you know, there are several differnt locations which provide for enrichment.

There is a sensor called "AFT. Correction" that will tell you if any after-start enrichment is being applied - is this the one you are looking at?

Is the AFT Correction in the main Dashboard, or on the list of sensors that can be viewed ? I haven't looked at it yet. I know what most of the sensors are, but some on the list are hard to figure out. There should be a manual with descriptions on all of them...could you help out, Craig ?
As I said in my first post, the Afterstart vs CTS graph should react and the dot should follow the setting when it's being used for warm-up. Some graphs just show a vertical line where (as an example) the coolant temp would be, but there's no dot, so only the line would move across as the temp changed. If the dot is there, it should go where the setting is at, as long as that table is being used at that time. How can you tell when that particular graph is being used ?
What about the "Crank pulses" and "Revs" I asked about ?Craig will you elaborate a bit ?

Thanks much. Regards,

Back