You can type here any text you want

AHHHHHGHGHHGHG - you have to be kidding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

Oh MY GOD....

I admit I'm a bit of a purist and I like to keep my cars, especially something like a TTA stock....but I can respect a guy who wants to make his a little better, quicker, etc. (especially if he doesn't drastically alter it)!

BUT.....anyone who does this to a TTA (heck, to most any car...) should be SHOT...perhaps in extremeties first so it is painful. What was he/she thinking?
Incredibly poor taste aside, they killed any investment they had. Heck, they're asking what I paid for my 16k original!

It looks like one of those cars in the carnival that the kids sit in - that go around and round...blinking lights, metalflake, fake horn...

I'm going to go home and kiss mine. I almost want to buy this thing to save it.

http://www.hemmings.com/index.cfm/f...ifieds.carsearch-make-Pontiac-model-Trans Am/

LOL I used to have a friend who was notorious for painting cars in bad taste. He had some kind of fascination with bright pink and dark green. Would paint all his cars in color schemes like this and they looked horrible.... Couldn't tell him though.......

16500 is a joke for that car....

The funny thing is that he thinks it some kind of a ShowCar...

Pictures of that car used to be on a tta website. I thought it was 89tta.com, but I guess not. I remember it saying that a previous owner did that in the early 90's and the current owner was looking to repaint it. :confused:

I remember the car from way back in the early day's ...guess whatever floats your boat :eek: As far as keeping them stock .....welllll it's a CAR !!! have some fun with it !! DRIVE it an enjoy it !!! my wife bought her's new in 89 and we beat the ever lovin hell out of the car ... raced after it was 3 days old ... drove it in rain, sleet, snow .....and a little off roading :eek: sold it back in 98 ish for $5k and bought another new one for a DEAL!!! Now we are modifyin the hell out of that :rolleyes: ... hey when I am dead you guys can buy it from my daughter minus the drivetrain ... She hates these cars :mad: :biggrin:

EXCUSE ME EVERYONE BUT THATS MY CAR YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF.
I WOULD APPRECIATE KEEPING YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.
Only kiddding, I think we should all chip in, buy it and then burn it.

A few years ago when I was reseraching my purchase, I saw a picture of a TTA that was all sorts of F-d up.

I didn't even have to follow that link. The second you started saying how someone should be put in great amounts of pain... I knew that there was NO way you could beat what I saw.

But then I followed the link, and saw that the poor car is STILL looking like that.

Reminds me of a kid I met named BONG WATER. No, not kidding. His dad was in the Navy in the early 70's and (I met his dad and asked!) thought it was funny then.

Dude hasn't changed his name...

Kinda the same, in a really different and F-d sorta way. One of those things you never forget!

Someone go meet the seller and ask him/her to take a pic with that beautiful machine so we can all cross the street if we ever recognize them.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

To think someone probably PAID to have that done! I'm going to the garage to apologize to mine right now.

But then again, I'm sure there are people who look at a stock TTA and think they look like sh*t and wonder why we haven't done that. An a$$ for every seat as my grandma used to say I guess.

Thats an anti-theft paint system :eek:

Schweeeeetttt :D

Grumpy wants the hood :biggrin:

Razor said:
Thats an anti-theft paint system :eek:

Schweeeeetttt :D

Grumpy wants the hood :biggrin:

NO !!!!!! I want the whole car so I can show it off @ carshow's :eek:

Yech!

Hi,
A travesty it might be, but ya gotta admit, it's unique. Ugly, but unique. OK guys, I am taking up a collection right now to buy that piece of caca and turn it back into the car it once was.2K for starters. Anybody else?
Dale

wow someone was doing acid and smoking p0t! I bet the people who painted that even said Why?!?! :eek:

long story

this is the tta that was on the board about 8 months ago outta St. Louis....
drove up there in the snow with cash in hand...said it was barely hit...b.s. i had to rplace the front bumper, support, fender and fender support two headlight motors and one assembly.......it had been hit atleast twice in the same location....pulling it apart again now and replacing the entire core support there was a small crack and i did not want to weld it...all with GM factory parts....being fixed at GM dealer also www.jimreed.com ...otherwise the car was in excellent mechanical shape....57k miles...got her for 5999.00...have put quite a few dollars in it...i think he thought the tranny was bad...the tv cable was way out...put new shocks springs struts, spohn sfc in it new carpet from Rich...fixed a major electrical problem that he could not figure out...starter wire was shorting out on the motor mount...thanks to my neighbor for helping with everything...former Nashville auto diesel college teacher...Caldwell Creel....needs new leather fronts and a steering wheel...must have sat outside....put 36lb inj in it, te 44 going on it...to save the stock turbo...alky kit from SMC the new progressive one...steve lives pretty close to me...45 min away...and rjc powerplate and a chip from eric....turbotweak....cant think of anything else right now...thanks

wow you did allot. Came out nice! I had the same issue with my car on the trans.. The 2/3 was flaring a little. TV cable was wacked out now she chirps most times and shifts nice and firm. :) All those goodies she must fly! :cool:

Back