You can type here any text you want

Air conditioner compressor clutch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnnie

in trying to diagnose my non functioning air conditioner, I read where to jump 12 volts to the green wire on the compressor without the engine running to see if the clutch wil engage. I see three wires on the back side of the compressor, ( one black and two kind of green -- but one is striped) , but I don't think none of those is what I want ... I'm thinking one is ground, one for high pressure cutoff and one for low pressure cutoff). So,where is the green wire I want to jump?

Top side of the compressor behind the pulley has a 2 wire flat plug going to it.

CS0008.jpg

So, before I do something stupid- like I've been known to do -- I want to be absolutely certain I'm jumping 12 volts to the right place to see of the clutch engages. I am assuming it is to one of those terminals in the pic. Which one? I'm not at the car right now, so I don't know what color the wires are -- but I'm heading there soon .... And the engine will not be running. If I'm doing the wrong thing, please let me know. I know aircraft, but my TB is a beast all its own. And thanks again .

Back