Air only out of top and floor no dash vent

87gn-newbee

Getting AC charged and only get air out of the top defrost vent and floor on all settings. Any ideas what to check?

There's a 3 way check valve at the firewall behind the coil packs. Have a look at that. They break easy so be careful.

If there is no vacuum supply to the dashboard control unit it defaults to defrost mode since that is the most important mode.

I'm having the same problem the OP is having, A/C blowing out of the top an floor.But what's strange with my situation after you drive the car an hour or so, it will open up and start blowing cold air out of the vents.Is there another vacuum check valve located somewhere else besides what was mentioned in thread.

The "blend" door will stick in that position, especially if it hasn't been used for a while. Manually operating it (gently) can restore the functions, if there are no other issues.
Hth.

The ac servo controls sucks..(literally)

Is there any other alternative that using vacumm?

I was thinking in using a small vacumm pump just for the ac

Anything other than stock is unappealing to me. But I like heat defrost and ac to work in my cars.
After market setup with cables instead of vacuum can work but massive pain to install I would think.
The stock HVAC box is clunky and some folks remove it all together for easier access to that side of the engine.