You can type here any text you want

Airflow to intercooler???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Since there aren't very many (Any?) TTA's around here I'm confused (again, Still?). Does the TTA have the plastic flap underneath the radiator? Does it have a section cut out of it so air can get to the intercooler? I'm wondering if I'll have a cooling problem after I cut a section of that flap out so air can better get to the intercooler in my Iroc. As a side question, how do you better get air to the K&N? My MAT sensor says 160* at idle, before I took a headlight out (Camaro) I'm thinking about cutting a hole in the sheetmetal underneath the air filter, does a TTA already have a hole cut? TIA

TTA

There is a space in the black plastic air dam in front of the intercooler scoop on my TTA. You can see a number of TTA pics at the KC Classic's website he used to sell his TTA:

http://www.kcclassiccars.com/ebay/TTAebay.htm

There are a couple engine shots there that can give you a leg up on the TTA solution for some of these air flow issues.

Feel free to write me privately if you have TTA specific questions. I don't gaurantee that I'll be able to help, but I'll try.

A company with a banner ad here (called DC something) has some products that will help pipe the air from a cooler location behind the left headlight. The installation I saw in Kansas City had the fuel cannister removed and the K&N below the spot where the cannister was designed to sit (that installation eliminated the fuel cannister.)

Good luck Eric

What's up Lee

Hey, sorry for not getting back with you. I will email you tonight for sure. Been busy laying concrete in the back yard.

Later
Sam S.

No problem Sam....

Like the mother of some politician, I've been out collecting aluminium cans to raise money to get that parts computer from you.... LOL

Write when its convenient Sam.

POC 87,

I just thought of something that could make a huge difference to you as you plan air handling issues: The TTA has an air box grabbing air from the inside of the left front fender just behind the headlight. It is an arrangement that allows fitting the fuel cannister and the airbox in the same spot that where the GN/TR fits only the fuel cannister.

Why is that significant? Because the TTA mount holds a slightly smaller fuel cannister AND an air box in the SAME space the GN/TR uses for the fuel cannister only.

Hypothosis:

Can GN/TR owners get one of those TTA mounts and a smaller fuel cannister, then mount a cold air supply AND the fuel cannister in basically the space the factory mounted the fuel cannister?

If yes, They could do it and keep the fuel cannister when they add cold air plumming systems like the awesome DC technologies kit....and still pass emissions....:eek:

The cold air system in subject is that of DC Tech here in KC. My buddy Ed Brewer was the one that designed that system, and let me tell ya, there was a TON of test involved as well as attention to detail. It's by far the best cold air system I've seen, and that's not just comming from a friend of the designer. I've used many of the previously available systems, and NONE flow like the DC Tech unit. As a matter of fact, with my old Kenny Bell sysytem, my car actually picked up a few MPH and dropped in ET when I took it off......does that tell you something???? Matter of fact, I've have the prototype DC Tech unit sitting on my workbench that never made it onto my old GN I just sold. This unit looks at though it could flow 1500 cfm with ease due to it's 4" diameter and mandrel bends! You get what you pay for, and with something that could make or break your car's performance, I wouldn't go cheap when you decide to buy one. Now all I need to do is talk Ed into making a cold air system for the TTA's:) How about it DC Tech??? Here recently Ed and I were toying with the idea of making a fan shroud for the intercooler crank fan. IMO this would help flow through the IC considerbly; especially on the TTA's where flow is at a minimum at best.

Back