Alchy install: telfon paste or JB weld on nozzles into up pipe

GN SBS

Just wondering what folks found worked.

I talked to the folks at SMC and they said that teflon paste works if you can get the nozzle to pipe fitting tight against the up pipe, but I wouldn't want alchy leaking into the engine compartment.

How did you do yours and if teflon paste, did it hold?

thanks,
Scott

You use teflon paste on all NPT pipe fitting connections.

Not on the flared connections.

You do use JB Weld on the pipe to brass fitting, just a ring around it to stop the occasional drip that could get by the washer.

Worked for me so far with 3 nozzles installed. :)

Yep, that's what I was planning on doing until I read the directions for the dual nozzle system and talked to SMC and heard that some may not need the drip protection.

Why not just JB weld? I'm just thinking it would make it easier to check/replace nozzles if need be and would look a bit nicer.

thanks,
Scott

I used an o-ring under the washer. Between the washer and inside of up-pipe. No other sealer.

FWIW, I'm using 2 bonded washers on either side of the intake tube and teflon past on the threads for the jet. You can get the bonded washers in a pack of 4 for about 25 cents at Home Depot.

No leaks and not as permanent as the JB Weld. I'll watch the washers closely to make sure we don't have issues with the rubber portion.

Bob
'01 Dakota R/T - Paxton Novi 2000

The fitting that goes in the up pipe has pipe threads. Get a tap, drill the right sized hole(s) and tap them. THEN screw in the fitting with some sealer or JB.

I lnow the pipe is thin, BUT it will hold a couple of threads. You also can get real thin S/S washers at the hardware store that will conform to the inside of the pipe easier.

Terry

I did that on the first nozzle. Pain in the butt as I couldn't get a decent wrench on the thing since it was at the bend of the pipe.
No leaks however with that method but I used the JB weld anyway. ;)

If you can get a wrench in there yes you can put threads in the uppipe. :)

I used Bob's idea and picked up some bonded washers. I just put them on the outside of the pipe and left the large washer on the inside. She's all sealed up now. I kinda miss the sweet smell everytime I got on it:p

3/8" Bonded washers 4 pack .28cents