Alcohol @ 7000 Feet

Dr. D

I've installed an alcohol injection system on my GN, and have had nothing but trouble with it since day one. As long as I have it switched off, boost and everything operate within normal parameters. Once I switch it on, and the alcohol is actually injected (only after 5 lbs and above - boost), it bogs down real bad.
I have the smallest injector available; I've turned the injector so the spray is with airflow, against airflow and lateral to airflow; I've change alcohol mixtures; and last I've changed when the time when the alcohol is sprayed in.
Any suggestions on how to fix this headache, I would really appreciate the help.
I have an electric solonoid valve that is controlled by a vacuum / pressure switch that controls the system, so I don't have an issue of alcohol being sucked at idle or civilized driving conditions.

Have you actually checked to see the spray pattern from the injector? You are using a fuel injector? You could have a defective or dirty injector. You also need good pump pressure for atomization ( 50-60 minimum). Is it necessary to turn it on at 5 lbs boost? The longer you can wait the better the spoolup will be. Lastly, you might have an injector that is still too large for the amount of air your moving at 5 lbs. Hang in there- it will be worth the effort!

Bob A is right on all accounts. Other things to consider:
If you are, in fact, using some type injector it won't last long. You need stainless nozzles.
Boggin is a classic symptom of flowing too much fluid and/or poor spray characteristics.
A single nozzle big enough to do the job is not gonna work at anything less than wot and high boost.
At high altitude you need to run lean to account for the reduced oxygen. You might be running way too rich with the alcohol.

Thanks for the info. I kinda thought that the high mountain altitude here was adversely affecting the system.

I finally had a chance to look at the web sites that you guys gave me, and next I'll lean it out as much as I can. Thanks alot, I really appreciate the help.