ALDL Connection Problem (FreeScan)

eka

First off, the car I am trying this on is a 1991 Buick Regal 3.1L (VIN T). I am using the 410B definition codes.

I have an ALDL cable bought from WOT Electronics (http://www.wotelectronics.com). I connected it myself and ran the ALDLtest v2.00 program. All 3 tests passed at 1200 baud on COM2 (DTR, RTS, RTS+DTS). I then opened FreeScan which was recommended to me by WOT Electronics. I started the COM2 port and I got the following:

Supervisor: CSupervisor- Com Port started

So, the COM2 port was initialized fine. Bytes sent and received were at 0 and did not move. I clicked "Force Data", got 4 bytes sent and 4 bytes received (It sent a Shut Up header and received a 4 byte response from the ECU.)

The problem is I am not getting any data from my car ECU. My guess is that FreeScan is not sending data through the COM port because bytes are not being logged unless I explicitly click "Force Data".

Is there anything I should know about configuring my COM port? Keep in mind that when I tried to run the ALDL on a baud rate above 1200, the tests would fail. Maybe FreeScan forces a baud rate that does not work on my setup (max 1200 baud)?

Thanks,

Eric