Turbolink problem

sheckyZ28

I found a version o turbolink v2.13 and installed it into an older computer running windows 3.1 and a parallel port. I finally have the program running but it is not reading any data from the ecu. I never had a problem prior to this on my other old computer. Ecerything is hooked up right, what am I missing?

I always booted to DOS back in the days of 2.13. Windows might not be letting it access the parallel port correctly.

I still have that version on an old IBM Thinkpad 750ce and I found that I had to buy the little battery adapter with the 4 AA batteries and it worked fine after that. :) Hope this helps. Remember to not hook up a 9volt. That will fry the "cable" according to the literature.

I still have that version on an old IBM Thinkpad 750ce and I found that I had to buy the little battery adapter with the 4 AA batteries and it worked fine after that. :) Hope this helps. Remember to not hook up a 9volt. That will fry the "cable" according to the literature.[/QUOTE

I have never used the 9v battery nor can I find my manual. What is the 9v battery adapter for and what is this AA battery adapter you speak of.

It said something about a port not having the proper power and that the 6 volts from the 4AA's would make it work. I would have to find my booklet too. I always booted mine in dos also and it would sometimes not read data. The two little indicators would turn and then "no data", or the likes, would show up.

Here's the user manual.

It states you need Radio Shack part no: 270-383 for the 4xAA battery holder. That was as of 1999, so who knows if that part no is still in use at the Shack

Thanks for all of yur help so far while I try to figure this out Ne putting up with me typing on an iPhone