You can type here any text you want

Alky/Meth users chime in please.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Those of you that are running alky/meth I'm interest to know what timing your running in your chips??? Specifically, what is your timing in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears? I recently went with a rather aggressive timing in 1st and 2nd (Razor broke this mold), but have a bit lower timing in 3rd....19º. I went to the track today and was having great 1/8 mile MPH, but the second half of the track was less than impressive. I'm noticing that with the modified Razor alky pump and the ported heads, the motor is liking the higher timing. Any opinions are appreciated.

My last chip from Eric had 20.4 in first and second, 19.3 in 3rd and then 18.4 when locked up in 3rd.

Mine had less timing all around because my car just didn't like timing with any chip. We tried more but the KR was coming on in previous chips. This timing curve got 0.0 the entire run.

Previous chip was a Thrasher92 modified for 50# injectors. That ran the normal Thrasher timing and was setup great for my car. Just loaded up too much on the line.

You gotta throw fuel at the motor for it to pull 25+ past the 1/8.

Keep your A/F in the 11.5-12.0 range past the 1/8 and you'll see. If your using the scanmaster.. 780-790 1500-1520 EGT and watch it lite up.

My last ME-r was 29 degree's first gear, then 24 2nd/3rd.

Call me sometime and talk bout it.

BTW.. What plate :p

Julio,
I knew you were running some higher timing numbers in high gear, I couldn't remember just how much though. Those A/F numbers seem kidna lean to me. Running 11.4:1 my EGT's typically hover right around the HIGH 1600º area, and the O2's around .720's in the lower 100 mph speeds. I tried lowering my A/F to 11.2:1 and raising the alky knob to the 2:30 position but the EGT's went even higher....I think it was 1705º if my memory serves me right (the max KR at these numbers was in the LOW single digits right around 112 mph). For whatever reason(s) my car likes the EGT in the high 1600º's....it seems to be more alive and crisp up there. After reviewing all of the 1/4 mile data I have, the car is sleepy when down in the low 1500º's....maybe it has to do with the EGT probe location??? ( the probe is ~4" under the 3 bolt flange of the turbo/header). This next time out I'm going to try dropping the dump cap and lowering the A/F ratio until I see some richer O2 numbers and see what happens. I did finger out later on that the entire day my TCC never locked :mad: I'm dropping the pan this week and seeing why this was. I have a sneaky feeling that the dude that worked on it last week might have forgotten to hook the TCC wire up....can't say for certain though. Just in case I have a new TCC waiting to go in if need be. BTW, my car typically pulls 28-29 mph gains from the 1/8 to the 1/4. If I don't see at least 26 mph I'm looking for something wrong! I'll also try adding some timing in high gear and see what happens. All day I was right at ~19.5º and have the ability to go up to 23.5º if I want....can't hurt to try. I'm shooting for another track day this Friday if the weather holds out; I'll report back the findings. Thanks for the help!

Your EGT probe may be wired backwards cuasing a higher reading. Or the meter/probe may have an issue.

This new TTA.. at 11.5:1 AFR is at 1520 EGT as well. It uses a FAST sooo..... thats two cars i've owned with same motors.. different EGT setups rite under the turbo(by the O2) and have gotten the same readings. And different computers.. tho same EGT readings as the common.

1600+ my car would never pull the numbers past the 1/8

Get that sucker ready.. t-minus one month and counting :D

Hmmm, interesting....I was told that the thermocouple either works or doesn't; any truth to that statement? I might try my pops probe and see if that doesn't change anything. I've had the same probe and meter for many years and always had good numbers in the past; I'll look into this further. I'm not sure why, but this TTA has always liked the heat way up there, but now you have me guessing if the higher EGT numbers are not actually lower EGT numbers like you mentioned....seems like that is what's going on??? Basically the car is ready to fly other than some fine tuning and odd and end crap that needs addressed. After last years fiasco with the trailer loosing a bearing on the highway, I'm pulling all hubs and repacking....not to mention I just picked up an extra set of inner and outter bearings for standby. What's the status of your new rocket?

Originally posted by turbov6joe
What's the status of your new rocket?

Slicks going on this afternoon and hitting the 1/8 mile track again.. I need passes to feel comfortable in transporting the car 800 miles away. So... i'll be shaking it down tonite 1/8 mile weather permitting and hopefully Sat AM doing some 1/4 mile action...

If it lives through that.. then next is upp'n the boost..

I want at least a 6.8-7.0 100-102 in the 1/8 on a 1.4-1.5 60 foot.

Or else :eek:

Back