Alky Problem

2bad4u

I just put a t-brake on my car. When i bring up about 8 pounds of boost on the brake i get transissional knock. Any suggestions to control when the alky comes on when building boost on the brake?
-Marley

I just put a t-brake on my car. When i bring up about 8 pounds of boost on the brake i get transissional knock. Any suggestions to control when the alky comes on when building boost on the brake?
-Marley

What kit do you have? (DIY, AlkyControl, SMC, etc) :confused:

Could "knock" (interference or whatever you call it) at low boost be caused from the MAF trans? I can not figure out why my dads car knock at low low boost. It didnt do this on racegas and nothing has changed. It takes about 10 seconds to bog the car using the test button and I can't figure out what is the problem.

Could this hotwire be the fix?

Thanks! Jason

................ It didnt do this on racegas and nothing has changed. It takes about 10 seconds to bog the car using the test button and I can't figure out what is the problem.
Could this hotwire be the fix?

Thanks! Jason

If your chip is a "race chip" and you are now running regular gas without any changes, it could be a problem.
In addition, if it takes 10 seconds to "bog the car", you may want to verify the operation of the kit. Without data logging, diagnosing becomes a guessing game. :biggrin:
I would suggest you call Alkycontrol next week. :cool:

Edit:
Try this link as well.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/147348-tuning-alkycontrol-kit.html

If your chip is a "race chip" and you are now running regular gas without any changes, it could be a problem.
In addition, if it takes 10 seconds to "bog the car", you may want to verify the operation of the kit. Without data logging, diagnosing becomes a guessing game. :biggrin:
I would suggest you call Alkycontrol next week. :cool:

Edit:
Try this link as well.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/147348-tuning-alkycontrol-kit.html

It is an Eric Marshall alky chip and there are no leaks. The light illuminates when it hits 5-6 lbs so I know the wiring is complete. I am just wondering if this hotwire would fix the problem!

Jason

Edit:I am in now way complaining about the kit. Julio has helped me very much during a couple of installs. I am sure I am overlooking something simple (maybe this hotwire deal) and I will figure it out. I have another kit that works flawlessly.

Jason,
Shut alky off.. and see if the problem is still there. If so.. then its not alky related. If the problem goes away.. then we need to see why. Maybe the curving on the translator is setup too fat..

But troubleshooting is always one step at a time.