You can type here any text you want

Alky System Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
All,

I am about to acquire a car that has had everything done to it but the alky injection. Here are a few questions I have:

Do all systems have a controller device in the car? Is there a stealthy way to mount this? Car looks very stock and I'd like to keep it that way.

Which system do people recommend? I see mention of Razor and SMC. I want a ready made deal, not diy.

If I put this in, what type of boost is practical? Head Gasket is cometic multi layer steel.

NHRA Super Gas said:
All,
Do all systems have a controller device in the car? Is there a stealthy way to mount this? Car looks very stock and I'd like to keep it that way.

Which system do people recommend? I see mention of Razor and SMC. I want a ready made deal, not diy.

If I put this in, what type of boost is practical? Head Gasket is cometic multi layer steel.

I ran an old SMC, and now have Razor's latest, and I'm happy with his.
It has a small easy to hide contoller box.

*practical*?, what ever you feel safe at. :)

As you increase the HP, it's your tuning gets to be more and more important. It's hard to predict, IMO, how much boost will be practical for you. If you go slow, and watch the results closely on what you're doing, you will be impressed with the increased performance.

I've seen a few setups & layouts and with a lot of them you really cant get any idea of whether you system is actually going to work when its supposed to, especially if you hide any indications of low alky, etc...

If you make an error with the injection, you WILL seriously damage your engine, esp since cometics are fairly robust. Think bent rods, burnt/chipped pistons, broken crank, all that fun stuff.

If you do decide to hide the system, be sure you still put the critical indications in plain view. Keeping a car stock appearing is only cool when it runs. :)

Phil

I have Razor's kit and love how stealthy it is the. It is very stealthy under the hood and then the controler is very small. It can be easily stashed practically anywhere.
As far as a complete kit?? Razor's is definately that. Everything needed for a complete professional install and the instructions to make it look that way.

Back