You can type here any text you want

All Buick Race in Indiana next Saturday Night.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TOPCAT

The Cornfield Classic III

Buick Race Night at Bunker Hill Dragstrip. Sat June 25th.
Track opens at 12noon and time trials till 7pm.
$125.00 to win, $75.00 runner up plus Trophys.
Payout increases if turnout is good.
50/50 drawing and door prizes.
Car must be Buick powered!
Track is located just off US 31, 10 miles north of Kokomo IN.
$25.00 car and driver. $10.00 spectators.Kids under 12 free.

More details and hotel info to follow soon.

Hope to see you there.

Peace WildBill

p.s. Bunker Hill is indiana's oldest dragstrip and was 1/4 mile but is now 1/8th.

Anyone need motel info? The Best Western at Peru just north of the track give racers a discount! E-mail me for details. Peace WildBill

I'm waiting on a torque convertor but it should be here today. If so, I'll be there for my very first Buick event ever. :) Can't wait to meet so new people and show off the car.

I look forward to meeting you guys! Had a MAF sensor go bad so now i'm searching for one to be ready for saturday but my daughters T is ready to go :) See ya saturday! Peace WildBill

TOPCAT said:
I look forward to meeting you guys! Had a MAF sensor go bad so now i'm searching for one to be ready for saturday but my daughters T is ready to go :) See ya saturday! Peace WildBill

Hey Wildbill, I've got a spare MAF. I'll bring it with me in case you need one. Still no convertor as of yet but am waiting patiently. May have to put the car together on Saturday morn and go!!! If I can't make it I'll send the MAF with Brad and Jamie McCumber.
John Hudson

do people typically bring parts to this even to sell? spare parts laying around and such? jsut wondering what to expect.....

There might be some parts there but this event is new and just getting established. Bring your extras a sell them. Peace WildBill

Nice meeting those of you that made the effort to show up to this event. Though it was small (and my car ran like poo) it was fun.
July 23 I'll be back.

So there is another planned for july then? that is great...maybe i will be able to make that one. My car started running bad saturday due to some bad gas i am assuming....when the knock goes up, car doesn't get drove hard! man, i was hoping to go, but the car knocking and the heat kept me from it. figured it wouldn't do all that great in the heat.

Out of curiousity, how many did show up and what all made it? car wise? who had the best time of the day and such?

maybe next time around!

We had a small but enthusiastic group of Buick racers brave the heat.
Turnout for tracks regular races were down by half and so were we.
V6turbojunkie(John) ran in the 7.40's and was still tuning a new combination.
A local Buick racer (Eric Frazier) won driving a big block 68-9 GS.
INGSCA Director John Stevens took runner-up in his 70 GS Stage 1.

Next Cornfield Classic is set for Sat July 23rd.

Hope to see you there.

Peace WildBill

I plan to be there Topcat. I think the car may finally 60'. Did some fancy brake work and seems to hold @ 3600 at 8-10 psi versus 2600 @ 0-2 psi. Now to get that voltage problem fixed and maybe home free.

Everyone should come out and join on the 23rd. Bunker Hill is a fun place full of friendly people.

Well I got some work to do and if all goes well I'll be there. Have to get Spl170s to come over and help and then we can both make it.

How about a role call for this event? Talk to your friends, get the car running.......... whatever it takes. Let's set a goal of about 50 cars for this thing. I'll bring a grill and a cooler full of pop and we'll tailgate all day. :D :cool:

If it's OK with wildbill I'll add 50 bucks to the purse out of my own pocket if 50 Buicks show up whether they all race or not.

That sounds like a good idea. I am just waiting on some more parts from the UPS man should be done this weekend. Hope to see you all there

Here it is, noon on the day of the race and my car broke last night. Doesn't look like I'm gonna make it today. Will this SOB ever give me a break?
My offer still stands on the 50 Buicks = 50 Bucks.

Back