You can type here any text you want

Almost Done!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Royal-T-Ltd

Finally I can see the light.... here's a pic of my front wheel well... I'm finally almost ready to mount my wheels :D and drive FAST W/ CLASS :biggrin: ... before mounting spindles, I hot tanked, degreased and wire brushed my upper and lower a-arms before Por-15ing them. With the help of my brother we redid the front suspension. [i finally got to use the boxes of parts which had been accumulating in my garage] Eibach springs, Bilstein Shocks, PST poly bushings.... and BAER brakes... 13.1" BAER brakes :eek: I cant wait to drive my baby again. I just wanted to share my joy! before putting on the wheels I think I will degrease the frame rails and wheel wells and paint them for that ultra clean look....MORE Fun ;)

Attachments

• Brakes.jpg
    Brakes.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 583
Thanks... I know once i degrease and paint the frame rails and wheel well it will look much better. just cant wait to drive :D

18x8.5 front
18x9.5 back

and THANX!

a arms are a little greasy in the pic but once eveything is done and I get to clean up the mess it will look alot better

Royal-T-Ltd said:
18x8.5 front
18x9.5 back

and THANX!

a arms are a little greasy in the pic but once eveything is done and I get to clean up the mess it will look alot better
What brand wheel did you go with? I saw you passed on the Simmons so I wanna see pics of what you got! Brakes look good!

That looks really GOOD :cool: . I can say degreasing and painting the frame rails is a good idea now while you've got it apart and on stands. I did mine while I had it apart doing brakes too. I show my car a lot and get all kinds of crap from the guys when I pull off my wheels to shoot some spray detailer on the frame and control arms :D . One thing I can say is that I learned a lot about brakes once I upgraded mine. Some things that you don't really think about is that traction is just as necessary braking as when launching. I mean when the brakes are cold the stopping distance is longer and then as the brakes warm up they will over power the tires, but once the everything is up to temp MAN O MAN!!! :eek: Depending on your wheel choice the frame becomes way more visible so hit that frame now :wink: . Looks GREAT though!!

Adam

Thank You all for the compliments... yeah I figured I'd better do everything while the car was down and I was waiting on the wheels.... I know I will be much happier in the end knowing I took the time to do it right. Before I even mount the wheels I am going to seal them with ZOOPS Seal. I bought that kit about 2 weeks ago just trying to find some time to put it on + I'm kinda scared to put it on brand new rims... the kit itself was like $125 and dont want to waste that either..... but again I know i better do it first while the rims are new. I will post pics of wheels later ... I love 'em and think they really update the look while staying classy. :D The only other thing holding me back Is i want to degrease the frame but the car is stuck in the garage .... I tying to think of least messy way to accomplish this so my wife doesnt beat me :eek: hahaha

I layed down LOTS of cardboard and used like 4 cans of brake cleaner and a small (toothbrush sized) wire brush. Worked great. That was for the front and rear.

Adam

Damn i should of thought of that... i do work at a copy center. I can get as much cardboard as i want.... thanx for thinking for me. :redface:

What kiind of wheels did you go with ??? It is not nice to tease us :biggrin: !!
Pics, pics , pics!!!

Chance

Ok I've decide just to put the wheel on the f/r for a quick sneak peak.... today i finished the front suspension.... this week i will put my old 17's up front [since stockers no longer fit] and roll it out of the garage and thouroughly degrease and pressure wash the frame up front and engine compartment. My attempts at degreasing the frame inside the garage with a wire brush just made a big mess :( but I know, I just couldnt wait any longer to see these wheels on the car and in front of those HUGE brakes :D All I can say is WOW.... i just cant wait to drive the Beast..

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 421
another pic

I know you guys probably think the color is off but, it does match the pinstriping and accents on my car.... also in the future i'm sure when i recoup some funds and can afford to paint the car i will incorporate the exact color somehow into the paint scheme.... Hope you like..... I KNOW I DO!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:[ i guess thats all that counts]

Attachments

• wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 418
Looks good, It will look even better on the ground! Are those ROH wheels?

Yep 3 piece ROH Modenas 18x8.5 up front 18x9.5 out back.... if you like the fronts you should see the backs.... they look better because of the deeper lip. :biggrin:

Lookin good. I was soo happy when I got my car back with the Baers on (didn't trust myself to swap spindles). Can we get a pic of the car on it's new wheels? I would like to see the stance.

Nick

hey nick wuz up man havent heard from u in a while .are you going to stanton this weekend ???? all g.m event test tune starts at 9:00 racing starts at 3:00 $40.00 entry fee only $5.00 to watch .oh i also had to replace coil pack to get rid of that cutting out issue .so see what she does now .would like to see you and your g.n there .so hows the sti coming ??? that sounds like a nasty wreck .but as long as oyu are ok .cars are replacable .well crap time to go home .let me know if going or not c-ya Blaine speedfreak

Back