You can type here any text you want

Alternator question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Anyone have a Direct Scan recorded run of their TTA verify what the battery voltage reads at the end of the 1/4 mile after running the car.

Mine dips down to low 12's for volts..not 13.5 -14 like on Buicks..was wondering if anyone ran into this and what was the fix if any..besides installing a volt booster.

Had the alternator tested..installed new belt, triple check grounds..same deal :rolleyes:

Hey Razor,

I just checked my DS files and I seem to have around 12.6 or so all the way up to the top. I also have a hot wired fuel pump, maybe that has something to do with it?

~Murt

Murt,
I know of two other TTA's that are in the lower 12 volt range..plus mine=3..

Some runs..12.3-12.4 others 12.0-12.1.. but definetely not 13.2-13.4 where it should be.

Lets see if anybody else posts..

Rob R, Mike S are the other two.

My pump is also hot wired..and Mike S. wasnt..hummm..

I run a RA voltbooster on my GN to combat voltage drop. I know some people don't believe in them but I have had no ill effects using it.

Never have checked for voltage drop on my TTA and I do have my pump hot-wired. I will keep an eye on it next time at the track now.

OK, just checked my DS runs and I get about 13.3-13.6V all the way through the traps but this is with a Volt Booster and before it kicks in I see about 12.3V usually, so I think it has something to do with the F-body's.

Back