You can type here any text you want

alternator rebuild?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bro_d_83

I have got a real good system for my GN, but I don't know if the alternator will handle it very well....I don't have anything installed yet, but I am wondering if the alternator will have to be rebuilt for higher amps, or get a whole new aftermarket performance one. The approximate watts the system will be putting out will be around 850, but there's 2 amps that I will be running. So if anybody knows of where I can get a high-output alternator, please let me know. Thanks a lot guys!

~Brodie~

850 watts don't really anything its actually how many current the amp draws, you can check by what's the fuse ratting the amp is or read the manual. You probally get by with a few 1 farad caps with the stock 120 amp alternator.

Music is dynamic meaning it is always changing. If the total watts of the system are 850, realistic wattage being used is probably about half at best. Unless you listen to test tones at full volume.;)

The stock delco 120A is a great alternator. It will be fine.

Back