You can type here any text you want

Alternator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I noticed today when I shut my car off that the alternator was making a real quiet humming sound. Has anyone ever heard theres do this before? Thanks

dvernst said:
I noticed today when I shut my car off that the alternator was making a real quiet humming sound. Has anyone ever heard theres do this before? Thanks
Does it make it when the car is on? If so, the alternator is on the way out. Change it before you kill your battery and it leaves you stranded. The alt. for these cars are cheap and you dont have to turn in your core.

Jason

No. It works normal when the car is on. I turned the ignition off yesterday and afterwards i was cleaning some stuff in the engine bay, and I heard a real quiet whining noise. I couldn't find what it was at first, but when I did I disconnected the plug from it, and it was still making noise so then I took the positive wire off the back, and it stopped. I reconnected it and the noise went away. At least for now. Thanks

Back