You can type here any text you want

Aluminum brake drums on WE4?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

georgewe4

I looked up Buick Regal on the Wikipedia site. Here is the section about the WE4. It states the WE4 had Aluminum brake drums. I have been looking at purchasing Aluminum drums, but may not need to??
I should know my WE4 better than this!
Is it true?

1987 also offered a lightweight WE4 (Turbo T) option. Only 1,547 of this variant were produced. They were painted black and treated to the same blackout package as the Grand National, including bumpers, grille, headlight and taillight trim. The differences between a WE4 and the Grand National were the interior trim package, wheels, exterior badging, aluminum bumper supports, and aluminum rear brake drums as opposed to the Grand National's cast iron. The rear spoiler was only available as a dealer installed option. 1987 was the only year that the LC2 Turbo option was available on any Regal, making it possible to even see a Limited with a vinyl landau roof and a power bulge turbo hood

George

I bought my WE4 new, factory steel drums with the posi. option. :cool:

Like any other TR. :o :p

open diff= aluminum drums.
posi diff- steel drums.
across all GM rwd car and S series lines with the 5X4.75 wheel bolt pattern.

I still haven't been out to the garage to stick a magnet to them. Life is that busy! I will post what I find though. Stay glued to your computer for the outcome!

all drums were bare from the factory- so if they are the color of bare aluminum, then they are aluminum. if they are rusty, then they are iron.

Back