You can type here any text you want

Aluminum drums for the GN. Anyone seen this type before..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
I picked up some aluminum drums about a year ago and I'm finally getting around to putting them on. I noticed one was different then the other but just figured it was a different design or something. They look the same in every way other then that center section. They even have the same GM part number inside with the Max. Dia. being 243.5 on both. Well the one on the right won't fit. The holes for the studs are too small. Looks like they line up fine but just won't fit thru. My studs are stock. The drum on the left fits fine. Should I just get a drill bit and make them just a tiny bit bigger. Anyone else have this design? Thanks!

Pictures0025_001.jpg

Jim

I don't recall which variant I have on my car, but I too had to drill my holes open a bit to fit over the studs. I think I used a half inch drill bit. Whatever size bit I used, I just made the hole large enough for the studs to fit thru.

Mike

looks like the center hub diameter is smaller too , might be off the rear of a fwd , that has the m12x 1.25 studs , but which one i cant say

Hmmm ok thanks for the replys guys. I just wanted to ask before I take a drill bit to them. Hopefully once I get past that the hub is ok! :rolleyes:

I had a mismatched pair like that and they both slipped right on. It's possible someone else already modified the smaller holes, but the two in the picture are exactly what I had. Just ream the holes until they fit and you will be fine.

Back