You can type here any text you want

Amazing Idle Oil Pressure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasjamz

THS Racer
Rebuilt, 20 bolt pan hot air turbo motor, 86/87 front cover with yellow spring, and mellings hi-volume kit.

It has 34-38 of oil psi at hot ilde. 900 rpm/170* I have tried it on a mechanical gauge as well as an autometer electric. This is with 5-20w and a AC Delco pf-52 Tried a Puralator filter just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. I'm sure a little "boosted" driving will make it fall 5 psi or so but is this bad or just luck of the draw? A decent rev brings it right to 60psi and its 90* here in Chicago. I review a few old post and spoke with a few people who say it should be cool. How many of you have seen Buicks like this?

Mine has 32psi hot idle with stock pump gears and a KB booster plate :)

Do you see any problems with oil pulled into the PCV with the higher pressure/volume?
I am having problems with oil. in the intake track My theory is oil returning form the turbo is pooling on the intake gasket and being sucked up by the PCV.

Any thoughts or experience?

I was getting oil through the PCV but I don't think it was do to oil pressure. I moved my PCV up to the right valve cover...no more oil issues :)

Can you share any details or pictures of the new PCV location. I ordered a catch can but that just seems to be treating the symtom and not the problem.

PCV Valve

WoodburnTurboThunder7-24-10088.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Ahh.. aftermarket valve covers. I have stock. Makes the conversion a little more difficult. What do you have for breathers?

Hey mikestertwo,

Nice valve cover set-up! Seems to me its a blow-by issue. I'm suprised you are not sucking oil at the VC too. :confused: Are you?

Hey mikestertwo,

Nice valve cover set-up! Seems to me its a blow-by issue. I'm suprised you are not sucking oil at the VC too. :confused: Are you?

Not at all. This engine is really tight. Using Hyper pistons. I never had the PCV valve in the stock location on this motor. I have on other motors and I had oil issues. That's why I moved it to the valve cover on this motor. Don't want to move it to the stock location to see what happens. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :)

Not at all. This engine is really tight. Using Hyper pistons. I never had the PCV valve in the stock location on this motor. I have on other motors and I had oil issues. That's why I moved it to the valve cover on this motor. Don't want to move it to the stock location to see what happens. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :)

Sweet nice.

Do you see any problems with oil pulled into the PCV with the higher pressure/volume?
I am having problems with oil. in the intake track My theory is oil returning form the turbo is pooling on the intake gasket and being sucked up by the PCV.

Any thoughts or experience?

You have blow-by. Does your oil smell like gas?

Back