You can type here any text you want

And the rice education continues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dthrock

Out tonight cruising around running out a bit of gas so I can put some higher octane in for the track on Sunday.
Ive just finished some dinner at the local Sonic and since I dont spot anyone I know I decide to head home. As Im cruising along a ricer of some sort (dont know what kind, they all look silly to me) comes cruising past me and runs up beside a truck with some kids in it. I guess the truck didnt want to play with him and turns off. Well I decide to see who is driving, of course its a couple of kids (16, 17 maybe). I see 'em look over at the black shoe box and even with the windows rolled up I can hear the wheels in their head turning. "Hmm has nice wheels on it, but damn is that thing huge. No way it can be fast"

Of course they do a couple of lunges at me but traffic is in the way. We clear a couple of lights and I figure I will discourage them a bit so I blow by them like they are sitting still. Well I think that just encouraged them because they drop in behind me and make the right hand turn when I do. Well I figure school is in session so I pull over into the left lane so they can have the middle of 3 lanes. We are cruising about 35'ish and ricer starts a horn count. Honk.... Honk.... SSSSSSHHHhhhhh gone! By the time I hit 4th gear they are a pretty small speck in the rearview so I tap the brakes a couple times to let em know its over and wait for them to catch up.

To their credit they pull up beside me and are waving their fist in the air as if to say "hell yea!!!" So I give em the thumbs up and continue on home knowing that my day hasnt been a total waste since Ive taught the young ones something.

Im sure somewhere on the rice boards tonight is a post asking "what the hell are those big old black cars? Damn they are fast!"

D

Nice one.. gotta keep them in their place! Although they're probably on their ricer board bs'ing about how they taught you a lesson and how you were the small spec in their mirror..

Originally posted by dthrock
Im sure somewhere on the rice boards tonight is a post asking "what the hell are those big old black cars? Damn they are fast!"

Nope. Everything ricers know about cars comes from the magazines they read. One magazine in particular, called Turbo and High Tech Performance used to be a cool magazine before it became another ricer rag. And in that magainze, despite it being a ricer rag, they frequently have articles on Turbo Regals.

Nope. Everything ricers know about cars comes from the magazines they read. One magazine in particular, called Turbo and High Tech Performance used to be a cool magazine before it became another ricer rag. And in that magainze, despite it being a ricer rag, they frequently have articles on Turbo Regals.

Speaking of that mag...does anyone have the one where they do the suspension upgrade? the first of the three....thats the only one i dont have

I was reading an old issue of Turbo magazine like a week ago, and it really pissed me off. Kids write in asking what the can do to their 1985 CRx's and 1990 Eclipse Rs's faster, like with headers and exhaust and other junk. No mention what-so-ever about turbos. If it has nothing to do with turbos, then why is it in there? I dont write to Mopar magazines asking about Pontiacs, because thats not what they do. Theyre a damn turbo book, not "Economy Cars with Fart Pipes Magazine.> end of rant.:mad: :rolleyes:

Back