You can type here any text you want

Another 87 CUTLASS, bites the dust!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Well this guy, and Ive known for awhile wanted to race. He, and i have raced a few times. The first time we raced 2yrs ago my car was stock, and i gave him 3 lenths, and won by 4. A year later he gets a 2dr cutlass, has a really hot chevy engine built with NOS, but he didnt tell me that until he beat me. So i upgraded my car to blue tops, and a TE44, then i beat him, while he was on spray. Fast forward to now, he has a 400ci or bigger, full slicks. Anyway thursday im hanging out with the guys, and one of his friends see me, and call him, he ask did want to run, i said my brakes are acting up, cant do it. He comes over anyway with his crew, they start talking trash about im affraid. After about two hrs of trash talking id had enough. I told him a new brake setup for my car cost $600, and that if i ran my car thats what it would take for a bet, his crew came up with the cash. My brake motor runs all the time when it gets hot, and i knew it would go out if i drove to far, but it held on just long enough for me to try him. We line up i dont plan to leave on the frist drop, just to see how his car 60ft, he backs up, we line up again, i try to build boost, but brakes wont hold, so i get 1lb of vac, he launch leaving me a car in the hole, i leave my car breaks tract when it shifts to 2nd, but not bad. At the top of 2nd im going buy him, i start pulling away so bad, but i let all the way out the gas until he gets to my back bumper, and let him stay there to the end.

Nice kill! There are a lot of people around my hometown who think they have bad Cutlasses and regular V8 Regals and other POS cars that talk **** about my buddy's 87 GN. That is until they see the taillights and even then they try to say we were spraying. The baddest car we've raced heads-up was a late 70s model Malibu and it only beat us by a fender. What's even more pathetic is the fact that the Malibu was completely gutted (no front wheelwells,practically no interior,etc), had a 406 SBC on nitrous, on slicks (we were on MT DRs), and was waiting for us to drive over 30 minutes to the race location, which meant he had plenty of time to cool down.
I think I have some of the videos I recorded of some kills with his GN and if so I'll post them under a new topic.

haha, that's awesome. $600 is some healthy winnings. it sounds like you strung him along just enough so that he thinks he'll be able to take you next time... way to hustle em. milk him for all he's worth! ;)

He called the next day asking for 1car lenth, i know i could get him. Also theres a guy here who won $1400 off me in my cobra, because i cant speed shift it, anyway the cobra runs 12.20@116mph. He wants to give me 3 car lenths in his(dam near trailered S-10). Being that i just got the GN back, and this is a whole new setup, i cant seem to get but 12.60@109mph, even tho im testing in the street, i would like a better time, so i dont lose again. Any ideas on tunning?

DO i have a Chance???

Well the guys friend has a (trailer Mustang) 29in full slicks, and he acted like he was going to give me 3and the break, anyway i called his bluff he backed down. Now the guy with the full race S-10, with 29 in slicks, 9in Ford, all kinda traction bars on the back, do i have a chance? I can only get my car to do mid 12s, on 22psi boost, my cars not running right is it? Heres my time on the run. 26in BF-DRs, Leaving on 5LBS boost. O2 at trap are 759, timing at 25/21, No KR 12.30@110mph/ 1/8 8.09@88mph. My car ran faster with the T44. Do i need to build way more boost? Home made Alky come on at 15psi. This guy wants to run for $1000, or more. Is my car running right?

Well the guys friend has a (trailer Mustang) 29in full slicks, and he acted like he was going to give me 3and the break, anyway i called his bluff he backed down. Now the guy with the full race S-10, with 29 in slicks, 9in Ford, all kinda traction bars on the back, do i have a chance? I can only get my car to do mid 12s, on 22psi boost, my cars not running right is it? Heres my time on the run. 26in BF-DRs, Leaving on 5LBS boost. O2 at trap are 759, timing at 25/21, No KR 12.30@110mph/ 1/8 8.09@88mph. My car ran faster with the T44. Do i need to build way more boost? Home made Alky come on at 15psi. This guy wants to run for $1000, or more. Is my car running right?

I think I would leave that lil truck alone till you know how it runs. Better launch and turn up the boost to see what yours is capable of. $1000 is alot of money to gamble on, to me anyway. Good luck!

I have an acquaintence runnin' high elevens on a standard issue ta49. You have a ball bearing 66 with 65 (?) pounders, a high po roller cam and alky, and you're runnin 12's? Yea, I'd say something's a little off brother. Come on into the general tech and we'll get ya sorted out mate. I wouldn't be racing a combo that isn't running right.

Back