You can type here any text you want

Another blown Mustang goes down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cool 84

Got hotair?
I was out last night with some friends and noticed a lot of fast cars out. At 2:00AM, the clubs were closing and everyone was going home so I took the GN out to see if I could find any trouble. The air was pretty cool and the car was running very strong for 15psi. After a hour of burning my $3.75/gallon gas with no action I decided to head home. A luck would have it I got next to a Mustang, not the newest body style but probably an 04 or somewhere close. I immediately noticed the exhaust and blower whine. I paced them, both guys were looking over at me. Then they fell back a carlength or two and I knew what was coming next. I heard them hit it so I hit it right before they got even with me. It was on and from a 65mph roll none the less. They got about 2 carlengths on me before I could make up the speed difference. As I was going past, I hit a strip of water in the road which threw the car sideways for a second but I didn't have to lift much. I easily passed them and shut it down at about 110mph. At the next light they were laughing and asked what the hell that was. I don't think they knew how to react to getting pulled that hard by a Regal. I ended up getting a look under the hood to find out it was a Centrufugal blower with a small box like intercooler near the intake. I was happy to get one race on my $40.00 worth of gas I burned last night.

Still not solved, I can only get 15psi on AV gas, but as long as it's cool it runs great. I absolutely don't drive it in the daytime anymore since it detonates at a steady state cruise.

another good kill, your car has a personal vendetta against mustangs, it refuses to lose even when not in perfect tune, haha.

buickpower said:
another good kill, your car has a personal vendetta against mustangs, it refuses to lose even when not in perfect tune, haha.

It's true. My friends even notice my car can run horrible all day but as soon as I go up against a Mustang it straightens out.

Back