You can type here any text you want

Another Stage I ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DDot69

After looking at my block, I notice that the Oil Pick up it on the front right side of the block unlike in the middle or near the second may cap.

I assume this is because the block has 4 bolt center mains. Do I have to have a Oil pick up made or are they sold for this location?

Know where I can get one??

Hummm, I am now guessing I have a Stage II block considering I see alot of Oil holes that a stock block does not have..... I figured it was a stage I because Gnttype.org listed the 25500016 as a stage I.

Does this mean I have to get a dry sump oiling system..:mad: I wanted the ease of using stock block part with the strength of a stage I. Ohhh well...

Originally posted by DDot69
Hummm, I am now guessing I have a Stage II block considering I see alot of Oil holes that a stock block does not have..... I figured it was a stage I because Gnttype.org listed the 25500016 as a stage I.

Does this mean I have to get a dry sump oiling system..:mad: I wanted the ease of using stock block part with the strength of a stage I. Ohhh well...

You definately have a SII block. and you also don't "have to" run a dry sump system, since yours has the internal pick up provision.

But, that being said, you may not be able to run as much stroke as you'd like without some very creative machining around that pick up point. You may want to consider a 3500 or 3590 stroke to fit better.
Either way there's some machining to be done to fit the big strokers in there.

Lee Thompson makes, or at least made some pans and pickups for your application. I have his setup on my S2 on-center motor and it works good with a 3.59" crank and carillo rods.

lee thompson oil pan,

lees phone # 765-533-4561 he built my oil pan and pickup. 3.625 stroke works fine,:cool:

Back