Another (yawn)5.0 gets horsewhipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No your wrong...

Originally posted by Elmo
You ain't got no intercooler? Better go find another Stang to pick on, bub....

Where you at? I'd be hard pressed to find a stang that could hang,I'm sure your dad's is no exception.

and one more thing slo mo

Most of us don't post all of our moose wang kills because if we did there would be a internet wide bandwidth crisis and Bush would get all mad that we were posting the millions of easy moose pud kills and wasted all the...you get the picture yet?

Turbofaggotsix

You sure do talk it up, what's your car run? Does it have the stock pistons in it? Doubt it. I'd bet my stock motored Stang would hurt your feelings---I've never been outrun by a Regal!!! Come on down and bring your freinds, bring something faster than your piece though, we play a little bit serious..If you could read, the GN was the quickest, not the fastest (speed governed) car in 87, you dumba$$. Bring your car to NC, get you some. The Mustangs down here will rip you apart little Regal boy...

bling bling

ohhhhhhhhhhhh!! i reckon he done said his car was faster...not quicker....what the friggen crap are you talking about dimwit? are you trying to say your car has a higher top speed? if so, Buuuurp, you shouldnt use such big words as quick or fast...you obviously dont know they are essentially synonyms for eachother, nimrod! if you do in fact own a mustang (yeah, i didnt call it something else...hmm) and you take any sort of pride in your car, you shouldnt represent yourself in this sort of manner, youre taking the whole mustang community down with you! to each their own, a mustang got beat, deal with it!

Great, another moron..

Quicker= referenced to time. 0-60,1/8 mile etc.
Faster= referenced to speed, etc

Don't you feel stupid, or do you even know it? A 86-87 Grand National will cut off at what, 125? Moron.

Hey Mr. wishihad?

:confused:

Is that Glock a model 23? I got one. They're great, aren't they? That hk, you should trade it for a Mini....

Elmo,
WTF is your problem? If there was a TR guy on a Mustang board talking sh*t about Mustangs, that would be one thing...but this is a TR board. If you don't like it, leave.
BTW...why you stuck with a set of POS E7TE's? Couldn't afford a decent set of heads? Maybe you picked up a set of Powerheads? :eek: Lemme' guess, you've got a "ported" stock intake, too...nd a set of 2-chamber flows and a non-cat OR pipe with 3.55's out back. You're bragging about pistons?!?:confused: That means you've got something older than a '92. List your combo...then let's talk. I've got a feeling you ain't got sh*t.
BTW-TR's hold much better resale than just about any late model Mustang relative to their original MSRP. Compare what well preserved '86-'87 TR brings compared to an '86-'87 Mustang (hell...'88-'93's). There's no comparison. You can pick up low mileage '92-'93 5.0 cars for under $5k.
S.

Re: Great, another moron..

Don't you feel stupid, or do you even know it? A 86-87 Grand National will cut off at what, 125? Moron.

Do you feel stupid or don't you know that it is as simple as a 30 second chip change and it is no longer governed? That would give the GN enough time to pull over on the side of the highway,change the chip and catch right back up and pass your wusstang.I'm pretty sure most folks don't go over 125 too often anyways.Why would anyone have to while racing a wuss tang in a GN anyways when you are already looking at the tailights after the first 100 feet? I for one would not wait that long for your underpowered wuss mobile to catch up the next day.Like someone said,face the fact,V-8 mustangs modified or not are food for Turbo Buicks on a daily basis.Except that fact and deal with it.If the car was so disadvantaged then why did he try to go to begin with? Because he thinks just like your dumbass and needed to learn the hard way like you do and eventually will.BTW why would I go to wherever it is you are to do what I can do on any given day I take the car out(it not hard to find a mustang is it?)and that is whoop up on a v-8 powered "performance"car with my V-6 POWERED FAMILY SEDAN!! LOL! Irritating ain't it? I have had better runs against chrysler turbo 4 cyl cars than alot of mustangs that have tried.When I launch on them as soon as I hook it is bye bye ford every time,it is so bad they make me think they shut down or something.Let it be known,you do not need an intercooler to best the average mustang!! I know there are a few fast ones but they are more rare than the GNX.Fastest production car is just that dummy,the fastest.We do not rate our cars on the salt flats,we rate them by the 1/4 mile at a time and in that area the mustang was for years at best a 15 or 16 second sled.Worse than a stock hotair(200hp) ,are you proud of that? How many sundays does it take to get that $hitbox past 125 anyways?

This thread is funny. Mustang guy has to change the contest to best suit his car. This was about a GN beating a Mustang in an acceleration contest, not a top speed run. The only reason you can brag about being faster is becuase we had a governor. If you're into top speed racing, that's your problem. You should race a Supra. The other funny thing is you talk about the hotair cars being slow but my car was stock when I first got it and 0-60 it was no contest with the 5.0s. From a roll it was pretty close. If they're slow, what does that make the Mustang?

TurboBuickSix,
Not to offend, but I think you have just as little knowledge about 5.0's as 'ole Elmo has about TR's. ;)
15 years ago, my bone stock '88 LX coupe (5.0, of course) went 14.0@99.? mph. This was a bone stock car with factory 3.08's on the stock Gatorbacks. That same car later went 12.9@109 with a set of Dart heads and bolt-ons (headers, TB, gears, etc.). I didn't run my '93 LX, but my '93 GT went 12.9@110 with an NOS 5115 kit (150 jet) on radials with factory 3.08's and no other mods except for a 255lph pump and MSD6AL. Tracks are littered with bolt-on 5.0's running well into the 13's and quicker. NMRA Factory Stock cars are now in the 11's. :eek:Put a blower on that little 9:1 302, and it can get pretty interesting.
I believe you skunked that heavy-ass 'vert with 3 guys in it, but dude, you're in a decently modded car. We all know how well a TR responds to a few simple mods. ;)

Originally posted by Snorman
TurboBuickSix,
Not to offend, but I think you have just as little knowledge about 5.0's as 'ole Elmo has about TR's. ;)
15 years ago, my bone stock '88 LX coupe (5.0, of course) went 14.0@99.? mph. This was a bone stock car with factory 3.08's on the stock Gatorbacks. That same car later went 12.9@109 with a set of Dart heads and bolt-ons (headers, TB, gears, etc.). I didn't run my '93 LX, but my '93 GT went 12.9@110 with an NOS 5115 kit (150 jet) on radials with factory 3.08's and no other mods except for a 255lph pump and MSD6AL. Tracks are littered with bolt-on 5.0's running well into the 13's and quicker. NMRA Factory Stock cars are now in the 11's. :eek:Put a blower on that little 9:1 302, and it can get pretty interesting.
I believe you skunked that heavy-ass 'vert with 3 guys in it, but dude, you're in a decently modded car. We all know how well a TR responds to a few simple mods. ;)

Your right I don't know much about their performance other than what I have witnessed firsthand,I have never been impressed with them but then again I have never been impressed by everyday Vettes either.I am not being totally serious here,I am throwing in a little sarcasm and BS just for fun;) BUT,none of us know what the vert had done to it,why is everyone so certain it was bone stock? I had a 230 lb passenger with me at the time as well and this guy could have had a cam intake headers or all of the above.It sounded pretty good getting dumped at pretty high rpm too.I am trying to sell this car to move up to the intercooled model so I don't want to bring it to the track,It's all clean and ready to go so I'll never know what it will run unless the next owner races it.One thing is for certain,it loves to eat 5.0 horsemeat and I will be sure to pass that on to the next guy.

Re: Great, another moron..

I have reason to assume this was a slight at me and in response to your question, no, I don't feel stupid. I'm not even going to bother posting any of the pages from dictionary.com or scanning my own dictionary or thesaurus to prove to you that quicker and faster are synonyms!! One of the definitions of fast even makes reference to acceleration, so don't try! This may be how you use these words, but my apologies, one doesn't mean solely top speed and the other how quick you get there...or would it be how fast you get there? hmm, but this is a car board so I don't think we need to get into english lessons, and just for the record, other reasons why I don't feel stupid include many of my academic achievements which I don't have time to list now, but if you seriously care (which I'm sure you don't) I'd be more than willing to list them for you.

In reference to your next post, in my left hand is in fact a model 23 glock (yes, it is great!) and in the right is an mp5...fun stuff :D now, can't we all just get along? later!

Well beat me white and call me honky, I buried the needle on my old Mazda Protege (140 MPH speedo). Took ten minutes to do it and was pretty scary when I did, but I guess that makes it faster than my GN. I THOUGHT WAS THE QUICKNESS THAT COUNTS LIGHT TO LIGHT! YEEESH, thanks for the insight. When was the last time YOU ran to 140 between lights. Don't tell me all the time, I only run long enough to SHOW PUNKS LIKE YOU that I own ya. Whats the point when you got when you got at least 5 lengths and keep pulling? So when I tap the brakes thats your cue for the flyby. Then tell your buddies at school that you smoked anither POS GN.

HEY WISHIHADABUICK! Please enlighten me on how to get myself some Class 3 firearms. All this time been messen around w/ civilian AR15s. DOH! Can't even find an HK94 without grabbing my ankles.:D

I don't know who this troll is, but he definitely needs to get a clue. I was at the track last night and the rustangs wanted nothing to do with my GN. Hell, I was on pump gas, low timing street chip, 17# of boost, and running through the exhaust. As for the 5.0 stangs, they are fun, but not even close to the performance of a TR/GN. I have an 89 GT 5spd as a daily driver and it's slow as hell, even with exhaust, 3.55 gears, underdrive pulleys, and a good tune-up. If you ever make it down to GA, I'll take you for a ride in my GN.....Hopefully you won't pee on yourself when it blows the tires off at 55mph. JFYI, it still has the factory stock bottom end and factory cast iron heads.
Another thing you brought up is price......Guess what? My 87 GN is worth MORE than it originally stickered for. Yes, it's a low mileage car and in dang near perfect condition, but a mustang in similar condition would be worth less than original sticker. Hmmm, so much for the arguement of value.
Before you say I don't know squat about Mustangs, I've owned 5 over the years, ranging from a 64 1/2 coupe to a 99 GT (POS). I was true blue Ford until I got brought over to the DARKSIDE...:D

Re: Turbofaggotsix

You sure do talk it up, what's your car run? Does it have the stock pistons in it? Doubt it. I'd bet my stock motored Stang would hurt your feelings---I've never been outrun by a Regal!!! Come on down and bring your freinds, bring something faster than your piece though, we play a little bit serious..If you could read, the GN was the quickest, not the fastest (speed governed) car in 87, you dumba$$. Bring your car to NC, get you some. The Mustangs down here will rip you apart little Regal boy...

Whats your cum-stang run assclown?? My guess is your just another slow cum-stang driver with a faster mouth then your car...:rolleyes:

mustangs

my 85gn is still pretty much stock.the only thing i did to it was put on a adjustable waste gate.my thing is a buddy of mine has a mustang gt cobra with a 351 in it.we met on the highway and although i did not pass him i stayed right beside him.btw i also have a 2004r out of a olds88 slips like hell.needless to say once i get it fixed right i know i will do a lot betterthis is a buick board for adults i think the mustang guy should go back to the preschool board.:D :cool:

Re: Turbofaggotsix

Bring your car to NC, get you some. The Mustangs down here will rip you apart little Regal boy...

What part of NC are you talking about?

I love these Mustang vs. Buick threads. They just crack me up. :D

Oh yeah, I guess I'm a pu$$y because I have a Mustang, whatever...:rolleyes:

Jeez quit piling on!!

For crying out loud, not everyone at once!! Gonna try to get to all of you:

Snorman: I kept e7's on the car when I blew a head gasket, 400 bucks slightly ported (still with weenie valves) is a value. My car has a stock bottom end. With the blower and nitrous, I can make enough power to spit the stock crank out. Really, I can.

Slo/Cool/Blackbox: Car has a junk ($500) Paxton supercharger. Man how much faster would it be with a real blower. It's "aftercooled" by a 150 shot of the gas. Should run high 7's in the eighth on DR's, Maybe 7.5's on slicks with just the charger. With the 150 shot of nitrous, prob low low 7's. Would go 6's but it's still a stick n stab five speed. Has Edelbrock intake, host of other minor bolt ons. Is still air conditioned, etc. Nothing special, never claimed it to be. BUT it is fast for what it is. And the pony rims with drag radials will get you if you take it for granted!

GregNC: I'm from Charlotte area..

And supra's aren't fast from the factory--they shut off at 155..

And the 84/85's will haul--I had one that would do 154 with the nose catching wind and all over the road, so I know.

So you guys get up this way (Shadyside Dragway?), there are no GN's up here, really.

Sorry to have pissed everyone off (cept you, Turbosix, you keep jumping on those convertibles full of college folk)..hehehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.