You can type here any text you want

Antenna diagram? Mine might be unplugged

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEL

This sounds lame I know, but my antenna cable (its a power antenna) must have come unhooked. The power antenna works fine, goes up and down when you turn the stereo on and off, but I can only get a few select FM stations...there's definitely no antenna signal getting to the stereo.

I have traced it from the stereo under the dash to the firewall and that all looks good, its plugged in tight to the stereo. I was wondering where to go next. Do I need to pull the whole inner fender to get to it. I can see one end unplugged under the hood. The cable disappears down into a hole in the passenger side fender.

I've done a lot of work on these cars, but never had to deal with the antenna before.

Check under the hood where the blower motor is, probally got corroded or disconnected..

Thats in the same area where I have the one connection dangling. Its hanging there with the cable dissapearing into a hole in the fender. I can't find the other end. I'll likely need to remove the inner fender, but I want to order parts ahead of time if I need them. Is there some kind of junction between the stereo and the pigtail that hangs off the power antenna unit?

The inner fender is not that easy to come out you will have to pull the fender out a bit to get to the antenna motor, try see if you can fish the antenna wire before trying to remove the fender.

Back