any COREL DRAW users?

Buick From Hell

sixey
Staff member
havent' been using Corel for too long (Corel draw 10), and we've run into a stupid problem I can't figure out...

We just got some new engraving software for my brother-in-law, so he can engrave direct from Corel. Here's the problem...the software instructions state that we must export the file to be engraved as a .PLT (HPGL) file. The instructions even have pics of the "Export HPGL" windows, to show all the settings to save.

Now, can anyone tell me exactly HOW to export a drawing as a PLT file?? (note, it CAN'T be a DXF or DWG file, it MUST be a PLT file, due to the 1016 steps per inch Every type of file imaginable is available EXCEPT HPGL!

Went to the help menu, and it explains in great detail how to IMPORT a PLT file, and it explains what happens when you EXPORT a PLT file...but NO INFO on HOW to export as a PLT file, when there's no "PLT" extension available in the export list!

Went to the Corel website, it's there primarily for them to make more money :mad:...and other help wasn't available today, so....

frustrating!!

(thanks in advance, any help GREATLY appreciated!)

No Can find

Man, I've gone through CD 10 and I'm not so sure it can even export to that format. Who told you it would? - BB

Hey BB, the software instructions say it was tested for Corel draw versions 8 and 9, just assumed 10 would work...I have version 8 on one computer, and it WILL export PLT...however, the computer that NEEDS it has versions 7 and 10, and NEITHER will export a PLT file! What the hell's up with that? ESPECIALLY with version 10, since 8 & 9 will??

I've been using CD for around 12 years. At work and at home I have version 9. Haven't found the need for version 10. Anyway, version 9 has no problem exporting to a .plt file.

If you're in a pinch for something in a hurry, send me the file and I'll convert it for you, or you could always go to kazaa and download it. Thats where the version on my home computer came from. All the version 10s on kazaa had problems.

Dog Gone

I'll try to get some info for ya, but I've only been using this silly thing for a few months. - BB

Thanks guys!

Not in any pinch, I can convert to PLT several other ways! It's just that we're working with a proprietary engraving program, and all we need to get what we're after is for corel to export in PLT!!

I'm going to check out kazaa tonight!