You can type here any text you want

Any gains with turbotweaks chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was just reading turbotweak's site and picked up some good information about tuning. I've read alot of good things about his chips and wanted to get some opinions. My car's mods are in my sig and I just dug up my chip information for the previous owner. It's an Extender Chip (I guess to go along with the Translator plus?) and here are the specs. The front page shows set fuel pressure at 45, but the car is at 42 (with vacuum removed), strange?

S - stock data stream (sounds right)
J - 009 (that's what is in the car)
5 - 98 octane, 23 degrees low gear, 21 high gear (seems steep for my combo)
4 - Wastegate % low 85 high 80 (not sure if these means anything since I have installed an RJC boost controller)
B - 800 rpm idle/6000 rev limit (seems right)
1 - anti theft
f - Revision

I'm kinda of new to this chip thing and wanted to know if this extender chip is good for my car. What would the pros and cons be going to a turbotweak chip? The car seems to run good, 770-780 02's @ 17 lbs of boost with no knock.

Thanks,

Doug D

Hi Doug,

I doubt you would see any gains switching to my chip from an Extender. The Extender is made specifically to work with the Translator and has many neat features. If you're running 17psi with no knock and the car's running well, I wouldn't mess with it.

Regards,
Eric

Back