You can type here any text you want

Any idea who makes these headers???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CornFed

Been in the market for some headers for awhile and wondering if anyone could tell who made these headers by looking at the pictures. They are stainless steel. Guy thinks they are ATR. As always any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 184
Could be any one of a number of different manufacturers. ATR started that style design, and it then got copied by several others.

They definitely appear to ATR, the driver side flange under the collector looks to be re-done.

those are not ATR
kb ATR style yes, real atr ..NO

no real couplers at the vband connections and the piping into the Y is wrong for atr
on the driverside at the crossover and header joint they even welded together the 'washer' that the maker used for vband flanges ( to get them to seal ) and they bent the passenger side of the crossover (the dent ) to try to get that seal closer and to get it to not hit the flywheel
those are the SSautochrome china ebay headers

heres a pic of the ss autochromes that i tried when they first came out . junk!! had to rework the turbo flange angle to still use a real houston downpipe , had to rework the crossover , had to drill out a few holes in the flanges to bolt to the head , and then the crossover split apart , vband 'washers ' cracked off the driverside header .. they were off for repair after every track outing
03-14-07_1342.jpg

and heres atrs
84b7_3.jpg

Last edited:
Those look just like the headers I have in the for sale section. We thot they were ATR, when I got them.
chuck the ones here ( http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/headers.428643/ ) are real deal

except for the general design look , look closely and yours dont look anything like the ones in first post or the ss auto pic i posted but are exactly like the ones i posted of the real ATR headers

note on yours there are real vband flanges , and on the passenger side tube where crossover connects theres 3 sections of pipe between the turbo flange and the vband flange . the china have only two ..the one from crossover goes right right on to the main tube in a Y and they dont have a vband flange , just a large flat washer welded to end of pipe

Paul, the comparo was intended to compare the real ATR's you posted to what my ad shows. I guess they are the "real deal"...
Thanks for the input.(y)

Back