Any information on Canidian GN's

gn.87

Time Capsule
I have a Canidian Grand National and was wondering if there were production numbers and or other information on these cars? From what I understand they are not much different. :confused: Any information is appreciated.:D

BUICK REGALS IMPORTED INTO CANADA

Year Total Regals Option WE2 (Grand National)
---- ------------ ---------------------------
1984 ........... 3,955 ............ 100
1985 .......... 3,670 ............. 143
1986 ............. 4,138 ............. 441
1987 .............. 3,578 ................ 1,695
1987 - 2,664 Regals excluding Limiteds **
1987 - 280 Y56 'T' package ***

** using the 3,578 figure, it can be concluded that 914 were Limiteds
*** GM Canada indicates that this figure is for models 4GJ47 only, therefore
not including Regal Limiteds.

Please note that all figures shown, except for WE2 obviously, include turbo and non-turbo cars.

Most of this information is taken directly from the "Facts and Figures Book". This book is an excellent source of technical (and interesting) information on the Turbo Buicks!

I've had my canadian GN since new but I'm not sure as to what info you're looking for...The only visible items that I know of are the metric instrument cluster which reads kilometers instead of miles and also the "body number plate" located near the driver's side wiper pivot...Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

Claude. :wink:

Canadian GN

Don't forget the rear defogger C49 and I'm sure all GN's headed north had a block heater K05. My 87 T type also has the aluminum export bumper.

Don't forget the rear defogger C49 and I'm sure all GN's headed north had a block heater K05. My 87 T type also has the aluminum export bumper.

Well, I got mine brand new in '87 and it did have the rear window defroster, but NO block heater as it was an option. I don't know about the aluminium bumper supports on the t-Types though...:confused:

Claude :smile:

Should have french writing on the option label in the trunk also. I think the label on the drivers door has "for Canadian export" on there or words to that effect.

I have the french sticker for the jack & spare tire, the block heater, and a rear defogger. I'd thought that there might be something i'm missing so it couldn't hurt to ask.

what about the stripe

What about the yellow stripe across the front bumper? I thought all "canadian" GN's had that stripe. :D

All 1987 canadian gn's also had decal in the passenger side quarter glass window. Most were removed by the clean up people at the dealership. And not all Canadian cars had block heaters.

All 1987 canadian gn's also had decal in the passenger side quarter glass window. Most were removed by the clean up people at the dealership. And not all Canadian cars had block heaters.

Is that the 1988 calgary olympics GM sponsor decal?

can somebody post a pic of the block heater option when they get time? i've never seen that.

tia :)

Any GM Vehicles sold in Canada are well documented

I got a package from GM Canada for my 1969 camaro, Most guys in the U.S. would kill for this type of Documentation....

Any GN's sold in Canada are in the database and there is a cool package you can get.

here is the website.

Vintage Vehicle Services

It's $58 dollars

can somebody post a pic of the block heater option when they get time? i've never seen that.

tia :)

Canadian Block Heater :biggrin:
touque.gif