You can type here any text you want

any one in the vancouver area?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

volvoman

The Green BEAST
I am having problems with my car. I do not want to spend tons of money replacing things I don't need. If there is anyone that would be willing to swap out maf and fuel regulator maybe a coil pack. Or if you have a spare the is good please let me know. here is the other thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=139095&goto=newpost

Also is there A good shop that works on our motors? I know its got to be somthing stupid. Thanks
for any info.

Chris

Your welcome to use my MAF but it is a 3.5 with translator box. I live in Beaverton.
Gary

MAF

how long does it take to hook up ? I can drive down maybe this fri or on the weekend. PM your # or e-mail . I will give you a call.

Thanks

I've got a replacement stock MAF and coil pack that you're welcome to use, Chris. Also have a Casper's coil tester.

The MAF came on my car, and I think it's the "incorrect" replacement I've heard about, because the connector is 90 degrees off from a real original. The car ran fine at 21 psi with it, though.

I'll look for 'em tonight and let you know when I find them.

Hi Rhett-
I am expecting a call from Chris in the AM for directions to my place. He thought he would be by around 2pm. Your stuff sounds like it might meet more of his needs...do you want me to give him your number, or do you want to swing by my place (Beaverton) tomorrow afternoon?

either way

Sounds good. Let me know and I will swing down there. :)

I will call you Gary on sat to figure out directions

Gary - Arggh. I forgot to mention that I'm working all weekend. One possibility - if I find the stuff tonight, I'll email you and bring it with me to work. My building is where the GM test drive happened. I'll post here tonight whether I find the gear or not.

Chris - I may even have my old stock 233 FPR somewhere.

We'll figure something out!
Rhett

sweet

I would love to find out what is going on!!:)

I spent all my money on the races in ID and woodbrun so I am spent untill spring. But of course not for somthing I really need. :P

Thanks for the help!! :)

Found some stuff

Chris & Gary,

I found the MAF, coil pack, and tester. Don't know which of the 5000 boxes in my garage the FPR is in, though... :D I'm emailing you with my contact info for tomorrow.

Rhett

Thanks Rhett & Gary - These guys are great help

Just Thought I would let you guy know how much I appreciate you guys helping me out with this.

Rhette ,
Gary and I fiddled a little and found out it was the MAF. The coil pack tester worked great and so did my coil. So I have decided to fix it and fix it good. I will have to hock some stuff like a few chips and things to help pay for it.. In the end it will be worth it for sure.
So I went and bought a new 3" LT1 MAF and the translator Plus with the extender chip. Over at www.fullthrottlespeed.com they gave me a good deal I could not pass it up over the phone. My stuff should be here in three days :)

One other thing Rhett I hope you don't mind me using your MAF for a few days till my stuff gets here :)

Thanks again guys
Chris

Back