You can type here any text you want

Any one running wave guides? ECM relocation...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

zam70

->ROGUE
Any one running wave guides?

I've installed mine and all is well BUT, I'd like to know how anyone else pulled this off. I don't have alot of adustability on the passenger side and I'm going to need to relocate the ECM. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Scott

Up in the dash maybe? Or extend the wires and mount it under the pass seat.

Only g-body I have seen with wave guides was the Speakerworks gn...there is a guy over on thirdgen.org with a 3rd gen f-body that has em, maybe he could give you some ideas that would be of some use in our cars. Can't recall which guy it was though...sorry.

Are you using the steath style wave guides? I did not work with wave guides for a while now but remembered they made ones that were easier to install and the compression horn was shorter and allittle smaller.

I think the cables will reach to put the ECM on the back of the glove box, you'll need to make a custom strap and drill some holes but it should work.

The guides I'm using are HUGE, it's the a700. I got them to fit...had to do some trimming on the passenger kick panel metal and had to trim down the ECM harness grommet and they finally went in the way I wanted them to. The drivers side was eaier, ust had to relocate the fuse box and it went right in.

The ECM harness isn't long enough to go around the guide and behing the glove box...I think I'm going to put it high on the fire wall towards the center of the car.

NEXT, I'm going to shoe horn some 6 1/2s in the doors and HOPEFULLY maintain the CSII grill. We'll see, I'll let everyone know how it works out.

cool i thought i was going to need to extend the wires to get the ecm in the box, i'm going to try it tomorrow and get it in there.

Back