You can type here any text you want

Any success stories or failures with the 301 turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

81nascar

I am in the middle of a build up on my 301 and was wondering if any others had any findings or luck with their car? I have already talked to Neil Smedly a few times and I have bought some parts from him. I just wanted to know about some other experiences and mistrials form others who have taken the risk of the under dog 301.:)

Oh yeah.... I went through the whole mess back in the early 80s. I spent untold thousands trying to keep those motors together at high HP levels. Once I finally got over 300HP, It just wouldn't stay together no matter what I did. There was basically a serious lack of parts for the rather unique motor. The 301 was pontiac based, but shared little with any other pontiac motor. I eventually just went with a different motor. For a stock rebuild at stock HP levels, it will last.

Hey Jim. Have you had any luck running your engine this season? I was thinking of stepping the valves a size. Their seems to be room for it. I was also thinking of cleaning the ports and bowl area. Not porting,just cleaning. Do you think I could benifit from this. My exhaust will be custom to take advantage of the modified turbo that Neil sold me. Any thoughts on a camshaft experience?

Back