You can type here any text you want

Any tips for installing rear upper control arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Howling Mad

Any one have any tips aside from cussing and getting covered in grease? Thanks guys.

Get the tool to press the bushings in the rear end ears

Do you have the bushings in the axle already, or is this what you are talking about?

There use to be a tool that hr parts sold that worked real good. Bushings in the freezer over night to shrink em.

If it is the arms and you are using factory I'd clamp em down and get out a BIG crescent or pipe wrench and "adjust" them open a bit to get them over the bushings.

Sounds like you are just putting the arms on, should not be too hard, I custome formed a wrench to make it a little easier taking the forward nuts off, install the front points first, do not tighten, then use your jack to raise or lower one side or the other of the rearend it will help "align" the arm, I also use an 18" long drift to pull things around a bit, then pull and install the bolts.

Yea I've got a bushing puller and have the new ones nice and frozen. Really its just the front side of the control arm is a pain. Its tight up there.

Back