You can type here any text you want

Anybody rolled their fenders doing the bat trick?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Just wanting to know if anybody has tried this. I am more concerned with how I'm going to do the trim piece. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Funny that you ask this especially today as I just did my son's T-Type this morning using a plastic hammer. After removing the wheel, slowly bend the lip upwards, doing long sections at a time. Bend it a little and go back bending a little more, and so on...After a few passes, the lip should be bent enough to clear larger tires. For a great finish, do the lip and moulding together at the same time!
I know that using a hammer sounds..."harsh"...but don't worry, if you use a plastic (or some kind of fiber hammer), it will not dent the car's sheet metal or the moulding and the result will be really nice. I did my own car a long time ago and now my son's car today using the exact same method.
Good luck,

Claude. ;)

Did you have to make any relief cuts so you can do smaller sections at a time? Also, did the screws for the trim cleqr the fender when you messages it in? Thanks!

Did you have to make any relief cuts so you can do smaller sections at a time? Also, did the screws for the trim cleqr the fender when you messages it in? Thanks!
No relief cuts needed. Like I explained in my previous post, the trick is to do long sections at a time (8"-9" long approx.), making a few "passes", bending more and more with each pass. About the screws, you can leave them on or remove them to do the bending and reinstall them after the job's done.

Claude. ;)

Ive done it before, I grinded and cut off the inner lip and then I took a baseball bat to roll the fender out. Its easier if the car is lowered too.

Back