You can type here any text you want

Anybody see this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow maybe Kendall can chime in. Is this a rare find, is it the same to build as cast iron, what are the benefits, is it a 4 bolt. My goodness i am excited. :eek: :eek:

there was a machined one at the midwest challenge. Loyd said there are a few out there but wasnt sure on the hp level of the block. It was for sale too.

What kind of bellhousing pattern is that? It doesn't look like a BOP or Chevy. The seller's other auctions include LOLA chassis parts and Buick V6 Indy car type intakes.

Aloha,

Kinda cool but worthless to most of us...see how short the deck is? It's an Indy casting made for 2.xx stroke. I imagine you'd have some very serious bucks into machining the raw casting also.

Alum blks

As Kendall said, it's useless for a turbo setup such as we'd use. Strictly small cube engines.. Lots of bastard parts required. If someone paid that money to make a turbo engine out of, thinking he had a 274" coming.. SORRY dude!!
OC had 1. He told me he has sold it. Bout 1 of 5 or 6 made. They were "std" Stage 2 type size..Some differences. Max HP range is reported to be in the 5-600 range max...NOT a T/A block for sure!
IS/was, a guy in Texas that said he had a container load of the stuff. Turns out it was all Indy stuff.. gave me some BS that I had to buy 10 blocks, all machined at the same time...$6000 each for the casting and machine work!!
he said he also had a "ton" of brgs, crank forgings, heads, gaskets, you name it.. I asked for a list and told him what I needed.. Prices were crazy... More than going new prices...

I think it was some of the Menard and Lozano Bro's Indy stuff...

Want 1 that is a "real meal deal"?? Get the TA block...:D :D :D

Update:

The block is sold. I bet the owner threw in the crumpled up newspapers in with the deal.

Chuck,

Sounds like you talked to Gary Harvey. He seems to come up with lots of Stage II stuff but doesn't know that much about it. Ken Dutweiler has one of these blocks in his shop. It's a novelty at best and wouldn't be worth buying as a bare casting. Ken said he thought it might be usable at a 800 H.P. level. Like you said definately not on par with the new TA block.

Neal

Oh, I forgot to add that I know a guy here locally that has 2 short deck Indy blocks. Might make nice flower planters. ;)

Back