Anybody use 1A Auto gas tank?

2QWIK4U

Got mine yesterday and the baffle looks different on the inside. Part # FGT-00302 and has CGM307C on sticker on tank. Is this the right tank before I install and put gas in it? If so, did you paint yours or leave it like you got it?

Bought one several weeks ago, installed it just the way it came. I did not use the rubber straps under the metal ones. Cleaned up the look alot. The filler neck is a little tight up top but you are still able to get the nozzel in with no problems. I have been running it hard and the baffles seem to be working with no issues.
Hope this helps.

It just doesnt have the plastic baffles like oem,just more like a round "bowl" or pan that the pump sits in. Just wanted to know if I got correct tank before I put fuel in.Thanks.

What are we saying here guys.... Is the dog dish in the bottom of the gas tank going to work ?? I just purchased one and that dog dish doesn't look like its going to hold much gas around the pump.

Yeah, bought one last year. The fit was good, don't remember the internals, but I haven't had any problems.

I have the same one with the "dog bowl" baffel....I have not had any problems,ran the car at the track plenty last year....no issues. No I dont think the dog bowl style holds as much fuel as the OE baffle but you should never run your tank that low so it should not be a problem. I try not to run my tank much less than an 1/4 tank....it has seen much lower I had actually run it down so low it only had about a gallon of fuel and it ran fine.

Tanks fine, Just don't run it past 1/4 of a tank during performance trips.
If not getting on it AT ALL 1/8th of a tank will get you to the gas station. If going to the track I would run it between 1/2 tank UP to full>.

also make sure your return line is not kinked or blocked or you may have trouble filling the tank at full throttle with the pump handle and would have to trickle it slowly to fill.

It wouldn't hurt but actually help if you enlarge your Vent tube & hose in diameter size. If you can fill the tank with the gas nozzle @ full speed all is fine.
Just some tips to hopefully help someone out.

I have the Auto1 gas tank with the dog dish bowl.

i got this one 3 years ago and it has tall correct baffles. i got it from discount radiators 986b_10.jpg0421111954.jpg

I got one from somewhere I thought it was 1aauto and it had the tall metal baffles like shown above. It wasnt the Canadian made spectra. It came painted silver and had no stamping on it either.