Anyone around Santa Clarita, CA?

We got a few here in Orange County; might be kinda far from you though...

Morgan

After seeing em daily outside Detroit, its like spotting a UFO when you seen one round here!:D

I live in Castaic. I've seen Phil's posts before but we've never met. Not many TRs around here. Shoot me an e-mail.

I'm in Northridge, not to far from you. I've seen about ten different turbo regals in this area. But have not found many that no anything about there cars. Me, still learning.:cool:

Originally posted by slow 86 gn
I'm in Northridge, not to far from you. I've seen about ten different turbo regals in this area. But have not found many that no anything about there cars. Me, still learning.:cool:

I have a friend that goes to CSUN. I'm down there all the time. Not in the GN though.

I posted in the Southwest section a while back about the Friday night Bobs Big Boy show in Burbank. In case you have never been there it is a great show. I believe Phil said he would be interested in going. Maybe we can get together there or even find a place somewhere between L.A and LBC where we can all meet up. It would be just awful if we had to kill a couple beers in the process. :D

Unfortunately my car is on the operating table right now awaiting a paint job after the "custom" modifications my neighbor's Ford Ranger did to the front end. :rolleyes: Once the car is back in fighting shape I'd definitely be up for a get together. :)

Damn Ben that must be especially painful given that your car was taken out by a Ford Ranger:eek:

I might be in for an all GN get together. :)

Considering that there are not enough GN's around here to make a dent for an all GN car show/ how about an all buick car show.
we could also consider meeting at a pre existing car show or car meet, that way ther would be no insurance hassles, or such.

I have been to the local show at the car wash. It is really pretty small. I would be willing to go but for people who come a long way I think it might be a dissapointment. I have been spoiled since going to the donut derlict show. :D There is an informal show every friday night a the K mart in Northridge. I think it has a lot more cars. As far as I know there are no prizes but it seems a lot less of a hassle to me. You can come and go as you like. Perhaps this would be a good place ?
I have never been to the Bobs in Burbank but that sounds like it might be pretty cool.

I am not much for the car show scene I was thinking more like a cruise some where and ending up for lunch.

I have cruised to Palm Springs with a group of Impala SS's (when I had one) and then we had lunch there and enjoyed the rest of the day there.

I also do some canyon cruising with some other Vette owners and end up eating some lunch.

Either way, it's a cool way to get out and use the car a bit and have some fun with like minded peoples.

Just some other ideas for discussion.....

:)

Originally posted by phil conrad
I have been to the local show at the car wash.

Phil, I used to live close by you over in Canyon Country for a short time. The car wash show you are talking about, is that the one on the main drag that runs through Valencia? Sorry, I'm getting senile in my young age and have trouble remembering names these days......... ;) I think it was called Soledad Canyon Road. If it's the one I'm thinking about it used to be at a gas station/car wash not far from the car dealerships. Like I said, I only lived up there for a short time. :)

Originally posted by Racer X
I am not much for the car show scene I was thinking more like a cruise some where and ending up for lunch.

I have cruised to Palm Springs with a group of Impala SS's (when I had one) and then we had lunch there and enjoyed the rest of the day there.

I also do some canyon cruising with some other Vette owners and end up eating some lunch.

Either way, it's a cool way to get out and use the car a bit and have some fun with like minded peoples.

Just some other ideas for discussion.....

:)

Greg, that's a good idea. I'd definitley be up for a cruise. I know your car is the exception, but I think most of us had better skip the canyon cruising. LOL ;) My GN doesn't take kindly to being used as a snow plow.....hehe

show, cruise, invade a car show, any and all work for me.
I am not that particular.

Yeah I realize that 99.9% of the GNs can't turn, which is why I offered up the Palm Springs cruise also;) I gotta tell ya though cruising in the canyons with the GN is quite an eye opener for most folks :D

When we cruised into town with all those Big Black Impalas you shoulda seen the people on the street stop and look. They musta thought we were a Presidential Motorcade or something! Pretty cool.

It would be pretty cool to invade some place like that with some GNs:D Ahhh the looks we would get:D :cool:

Originally posted by TRBON8R
Phil, I used to live close by you over in Canyon Country for a short time. The car wash show you are talking about, is that the one on the main drag that runs through Valencia? Sorry, I'm getting senile in my young age and have trouble remembering names these days......... ;) I think it was called Soledad Canyon Road. If it's the one I'm thinking about it used to be at a gas station/car wash not far from the car dealerships. Like I said, I only lived up there for a short time. :)

Thats the one. Soledad canyon changes names at Bouquet canyon and becomes Valencia Blvd.