Anyone catch the Hopkins-Hakkar fight last night?

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
If he is an example of the men in France, I think it is obvious why they don't want in the war. What a wuss. He punched like a girl and got beat to death anytime he quit running away from Hopkins. He landed 39 punches in 9 rounds compared to 300+ for Hopkins. He was supposed to be the #1 contender?:rolleyes:

Sully

How did you like the judging on the Tua/Rahman fight before this one. As long as they allow morons like this to judge, fighting will never be serious, and it happens all the time.

really.. how can two professional judges watch the same fight and see a 4 round difference in fight but for different fighters... Unreal...

Then to top it all off was Larry Merchant inteviewing Hopkins who he obviously doesn't like after the fight. Telling him it was a crappy fight.. give me a break he fought the #1 contender...I would like to know who the hell Larry Merchant thinks he should fight to make a better fight out of it. Not the guys in his own weight class cause they can't fight and not the guys in the weight class below, Larry belittled him for calling out smaller guys like Oscar DeLahoya. So who should he be fighting Larry? So much for objective journlism.

Sully

Consider the source, Merchant can't overcome his own prejudice, which makes it impossible to be objective. Its time for HBO to replace both him and the idiot scorer.

Larry Merchant is very annoying. Just watch him give his comments on the fight and his sidekick just sits there and makes faces of what looks like pain. Larry just goes on and on about stuff nobody cares about. I can't stand the guy.